I still love my '16 4Runner so... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a 2016 Trail Premium.
I know this is the 200 board but there is another option to get into a cruiser:poof:...

The 4Runner doesn't offer much tech that can't be replicated with a nice aftermarket nav/media/bluetooth/backup camera unit like the pioneer Avic 8200. Really none that I can think of. I have one and I like it much more then the entune that was in my TRD Pro.
That being said...

A cream-puff non-nav 100 series with 100-150k miles and stack of maintenance records 11k
Front bumper 1500
Rear bumper 2600
Sliders 900
Gamiviti rack 1200
5 Cooper st maxx 295/70/18 tires
Gears with front and rear lockers 3500
Dual batteries 500
Arb twin compressor 500
Arb Drawer system 1800
Arb Fridge 900
Ome heavy lift with spc ucas 1720
Arb awning 300
Warn Zeon 12s 1300
Snorkel 400
Pioneer Avic 8200 1000

Total roughly 31k

Versus a stock trail premium @40k or the stock 200 @74k

That would be my dream 100, and it would be just as comfortable and capable on the Hwy as it would at Moab and vice versa. Use the tailgate. Drive it a few years then get that 2016 200. I can't think of too many places it couldn't take you, if any.

Just something to think about:beer:

Last edited:
I know this is the 200 board but there is another option to get into a cruiser:poof:...

The 4Runner doesn't offer much tech that can't be replicated with a nice aftermarket nav/media/bluetooth/backup camera unit like the pioneer Avic 8200. Really none that I can think of. I have one and I like it much more then the entune that was in my TRD Pro.
That being said...

A cream-puff non-nav 100 series with 100-150k miles and stack of maintenance records 11k
Front bumper 1500
Rear bumper 2600
Sliders 900
Gamiviti rack 1200
5 Cooper st maxx 295/70/18 tires
Gears with front and rear lockers 3500
Dual batteries 500
Arb twin compressor 500
Arb Drawer system 1800
Arb Fridge 900
Ome heavy lift with spc ucas 1720
Arb awning 300
Warn Zeon 12s 1300
Snorkel 400
Pioneer Avic 8200 1000

Total roughly 31k

Versus a stock trail premium @40k or the stock 200 @74k

That would be my dream 100, and it would be just as comfortable and capable on the Hwy as it would at Moab and vice versa. Use the tailgate. Drive it a few years then get that 2016 200. I can't think of too many places it couldn't take you, if any.

Just something to think about:beer:
Double the 11k to 22k, and you can make that a 200 series with 150k miles.

Your right. I didn't even think about that, and that would be straight-up awesomeness:)

@ga12r1 You are on point with that. I'll probably be putting my built 100 on the market in the near future and every time I walk by, look at it and think of the places it's taken me I just shake my head and ask myself "What are you thinking?!?!"

Comparing a used, modified, 10-19 year old vehicle to a new one isn't a fair comparison. IE: Why buy a 2017 Mustang for 40k when you could buy a late 80s modified foxbody with several hundred more horsepower for the same price?
No doubt. I don't disagree, but I do believe in the reliability and longevity of a 100 that's well maintained. Of any Land Cruiser really, doesn't matter the series. A modifed fox body pushing 500-1000hp will probably not get you to 500k miles. The 100 will. To me 100-150k miles on a well maintained cruiser is barely broken in.
As Markuson pointed out for another 11k you could build an early 200. I think that would be awesome, just wanted to throw out a lowest cost/bullet proof/reliable land cruiser option.

If you can show me a very clean, well maintained 200 with 150k for $22k, I will buy it in a heartbeat and DD it while my low mile 14 sits in the garage waiting for camping trips ;)

If you can show me a very clean, well maintained 200 with 150k for $22k, I will buy it in a heartbeat and DD it while my low mile 14 sits in the garage waiting for camping trips ;)

OK. Here ya go:

50 Best Used Toyota Land Cruiser for Sale, Savings from $2,459

Screenshot 2017-04-27 23.05.27.png

What a deal!

There is nothing like a Landcruiser. I had an S class and the Landcruiser feels every bit as special.

I also get all of the toy's but everybody thinks it's a jumped-up Highlander - I love that!

+1 I came from a 2005 Mercedes S600 Twin Turbo. No regrets (other than missing the Active Body Comfort seats that move with you on every turn). I love my LC soo much that in the last year I have driven the S600 three times (once when the LC was in the shop for an oil change). The car has gotten dusty and dirty just standing outside.

I got a preapproval from my bank this morning for an LC. You guys are really bad at pulling people off the ledge. This is Land Cruisers Anonymous, right? I mean, you all supposedly hate mud. I thought I was joining a support group, not a group of enablers. :)

I got a preapproval from my bank this morning for an LC. You guys are really bad at pulling people off the ledge. This is Land Cruisers Anonymous, right? I mean, you all supposedly hate mud. I thought I was joining a support group, not a group of enablers. :)

We are supporting you ... in your excellent decision to purchase a new LC! :cheers:

@blatant more of those so-called "enablers" ;)

super good group.

Tons of trails in the area, from family and stocker friendly to full blown triple locked, " what trail, you can't make it up that!!!"

Just reached out to the BMW dealership with the 62,000 mile 2015 to see if they know how it got those miles and if there are any maintenance records since the Carfax shows none. A 2015 starting at $52k seems pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom