Boneyard Finds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to make sure everybody knew that there is a well in-tacked fj62 at the new U Pull & Save.

Matt

If anyone spots an 80-Series at any of the Pick-N-Pulls then please call me first and I will post the information in a few days.

:D

Thanks,
-Mike-

Do you know what their hours are for Saturday? I really need a new driver front door... I'd call them, but I'm in Phoenix for work and won't be home until the weekend.

Just wanted to make sure everybody knew that there is a well in-tacked fj62 at the new U Pull & Save.

Matt

It's all relative. Most of the desirable engine parts are gone. The head, plenum, and block are still there. The EFI is mostly gone (ummm, wonder where they went?). The inside door panels with window switches are gone. The dash is gone. The wire harness has been hacked. This truck was in a front-on wreck, so the front fenders, hood, and bumpers are toast. The rear tailgate, upper and lower, were still there and looked good. The rear glass was broken. Transmission and TC are still there, lowered and ready to pull (how'd that happen?). The diffs, which have 4.11 BTW, are still there and the front will be an easy pull. Steering gearbox is still there. Steering knuckles are still there, but one brake backing plate is missing. Birfields and shafts are gone. Front hubs are gone.

I pulled the 4WD vacuum switches in case somebody needs them. Wasn't going to let them get crushed.

Do you know what their hours are for Saturday? I really need a new driver front door... I'd call them, but I'm in Phoenix for work and won't be home until the weekend.

I seem to recall looking at the doors just in case somebody asked. The front doors are bent. I think the rear doors might be ok. I'm going back today. I'll double check.

Da'Rat

What's the stock gear ratio on a 60? Seems like I've seen something like 3.70. Switching to the 4.11 (or is it 4.10 - does it really matter?) would improve my 1st gear low range capabilities. I've had a few instances where I really had to smoke the clutch to keep the engine from dying. It doesn't help that I'm running 31's where a 235/75-15 is 'stock'. But, if I do that, I'll definitely reduce my highway top speed. I know - H55F..... I don't see that happening unless I come across a heck of a deal.

You have 3.70. The 4.11 is good if you upgrade to 33" tires. Grab them while you can, or before I do :D.

What's the stock gear ratio on a 60? Seems like I've seen something like 3.70. Switching to the 4.11 (or is it 4.10 - does it really matter?) would improve my 1st gear low range capabilities. I've had a few instances where I really had to smoke the clutch to keep the engine from dying. It doesn't help that I'm running 31's where a 235/75-15 is 'stock'. But, if I do that, I'll definitely reduce my highway top speed. I know - H55F..... I don't see that happening unless I come across a heck of a deal.

I'd go get em if you aren't happy with the ratios you have now.

How would someone go about buying "the gears"? Do you just unbolt the third member and driveshaft and then pull it out of the axle? Or do you buy the whole axle assembly? I've only been inside 1 differential 1 time and I'm not remembering exactly how it went together anymore.

How would someone go about buying "the gears"? Do you just unbolt the third member and driveshaft and then pull it out of the axle? Or do you buy the whole axle assembly? I've only been inside 1 differential 1 time and I'm not remembering exactly how it went together anymore.

Pull the axles and just take away the whole pumpkin.

Better hurry, I'm off work in, uh, 3 minutes.

Seriously, the front on that 62 is easy. The axles are gone so it's just a matter of removing about 14 nuts and "pulling" it off. The rear will require more work ... c-clips and such, before the axles slide out. Not too bad.

I've been saving for the H55F... here's the cheapest one I've found so far- http://www.cruiserparts.net/parts/fj60.htm (look for the big blue box half way down the page)

thanks for the link to the website for u pull it, I may have to take an extended lunch today to call them.

Better call Dan on the H55F. Shipping a heavy tranny from NH will kill ya.

Greg, where did you get your H55F? Eh? Dan maybe?

Greg, where did you get your H55F? Eh? Dan maybe?

When I got mine it was a different world. They could only get got from these sort of gray market distributors like MUDRAK. I think mine was probably the first sold in the US through the official Toyota distribution; Dan found it at some dealership in FL where it had been misshipped or something and it certainly was cheaper then.

The prices I've seen floating around from the various providers are a couple bills less than I paid, although I don't think they included the shifter and 5spd shift knob.

H55F experience-

I got mine from where Greg said, and after I had my wreck, the insurance company was being very sh*tty. the seller wouldn't respond with ANY kind of receipt- I think he sold it "off the books" for a couple of hundred cash, but if I'd needed any warranty repairs, guess what, too?

I had a thought as I'm browsing though the pick-n-pull this morning. How about I make this a sticky, either on its own or linked under the FAQ, and we keep each other updated about our finds. Not just at the UPull, but any boneyard. What's the group say?

So this morning I went to the U Pull to get a few misc parts for the Basketcase. The place is rather large so I didn't wander much, but I did find a few notables.

There are a bunch of 22R mini-trucks in the old yard. And I mean a bunch. I don't think there is much use in this group for such an engine or truck, but thought I would mention it. All I saw were 2WD. There was also a L-series Hilux there. For those that don't know what that is, it's a mini-truck DIESEL! Engine was gone, though. I would have snagged the engine just to keep it from getting crushed.

There was a 1985 FJ60. The following were gone: head, carb, steering wheel, alt, rear hatch, knuckles (everything), birfields with shafts, fan and clutch, steering box. Present were: valve cover, rocker assembly, short block, intake/exhaust, AC (I think), glass all the way around. Front doors were bent as was the tailgate. Didn't check rear doors. Seats were OK. Interior was gray. Most of the dash was missing.

There were several Gen2 4Runners, and last week one 1995 Gen3 4Runner. Their printout had two 1989 Gen1 4Runners, but I only saw one.

I think the 1989 FJ62 is still there, but I didn't look this morning since it was in the other lot. See list above.

Rat Pickin's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom