new clunk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
89 fj62. just heard a new clunk in the rear end while turning. anyone know what could be up?

Like from the rear axle? Pull the drain plug and see if any metal. Aso pull off your rear drums and check your rear brake hardware

Like from the rear axle? Pull the drain plug and see if any metal. Aso pull off your rear drums and check your rear brake hardware

thanks for the reply, i will do those both asap. i couldnt say where exactly, just from the rear of the truck. i also just heard some strange clunking from the front passenger side, maybe around where the front door is. started it up, gave it a little rev and heard two clunks. didnt happen again. if it isnt one thing its another lately!

It could even be a suspension bolt or a missing shock bushing too? Just going to need to poke around with eyes wide open looking for clues. Good luck! post up if you find something ~
Murf

Shock mount tube? Mine was clunking pretty good when that tube rusted out.

drop the drive shaft and check for play(up-down/side-side) if the diff pinion flange. while it's off, check the drive shaft u-joints for play/wear and grease every thing. check the Tcase flange as well...they don't tell as much with the driveshaft on as they do with it it off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom