1972FJ40 F155 Desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've searched and searched the threads on MUD for direction / photos, etc of the proper procedure to desmog the F155 motor but all the threads didn't exactly match my situation. You see, I'm nearing completion on a full frame off resto and have fabricated my own fuel cell which incorporates it's own venting system. That said, I have no need for the OEM inline NIPPON carbon filter that's stock to the OEM fuel tank / delivery system. Beyond that one modification (Customer vented fuel cell), nothing will change. I've heard talk in forums about the vacuum lines on the Distributor and carb choke that still should be re-routed and used, but this is where I get lost in translation. Can someone help me out and maybe send photos? I have an all stock 1972 F155 setup (Besides the fuel tank). Thanks.

Did you ever get any replies? I am desmogging a 72 55 as well. I need to know where to hook up choke break/throttle positioner and the dizzy vacuum retard. There is also a port below the primary butterfly and need to know if that just get plugged?

There isn't any significant smog gear on a 71 or 72, so just yank anything you don't like looking at. Be sure to plug any vacuum lines left over.

So...throttle positioner and distributed to manifold vacuum? Ditch the charcoal canister?

Connect CB to manifold vac.

Keep the canister, it's just a vent filter for the tank to breathe through.

Don't connect any vac to a vac retard dissy. Set the base timing to 10* and run as a mechanical advance only.

Discard "emission computer" beside clutch pedal, emission VSV on fenderwell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom