60-guy looking for alternator upgrade advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 1HZ in my HJ60 and I understand FZJ80 alternators are a direct bolt-on. I'm going to have to replace mine pretty soon and I thought I'd upgrade while I'm at it.

I ran a couple searches and found the feedback on the Mean Greens are mixed at best, and I think I'd prefer an OE/NipponDenso unit. A lot of people seem to be going with the Tundra 130/150amp alts but those require a bracket that photoman makes which may not work on the 1HZ. Are there any other good upgrades out there that would be a direct bolt-on?

Thanks in advance!

Check your local auto electric shops. They are generally able to give good options for upgrades. FZ alts depending on years may not be plug-type compatible with the HZ. Not hard to fix.

I have quite a few healthy draw accessories in the (HZJ)62 and have never had a lack of charging. Are you running a mobile DJ operation or something? :D

Check your local auto electric shops. They are generally able to give good options for upgrades. FZ alts depending on years may not be plug-type compatible with the HZ. Not hard to fix.

I have quite a few healthy draw accessories in the (HZJ)62 and have never had a lack of charging. Are you running a mobile DJ operation or something? :D

haha, ...nope. Just figured if I'm gonna replace the alt I might as well weigh the options. I certainly wouldn't feel bad about installing a stock FZ alt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom