60-guy looking for alternator upgrade advice

I've got a 1HZ in my HJ60 and I understand FZJ80 alternators are a direct bolt-on. I'm going to have to replace mine pretty soon and I thought I'd upgrade while I'm at it.

I ran a couple searches and found the feedback on the Mean Greens are mixed at best, and I think I'd prefer an OE/NipponDenso unit. A lot of people seem to be going with the Tundra 130/150amp alts but those require a bracket that photoman makes which may not work on the 1HZ. Are there any other good upgrades out there that would be a direct bolt-on?

Thanks in advance!

esh

SILVER Star

Check your local auto electric shops. They are generally able to give good options for upgrades. FZ alts depending on years may not be plug-type compatible with the HZ. Not hard to fix.

I have quite a few healthy draw accessories in the (HZJ)62 and have never had a lack of charging. Are you running a mobile DJ operation or something? :D

Check your local auto electric shops. They are generally able to give good options for upgrades. FZ alts depending on years may not be plug-type compatible with the HZ. Not hard to fix.

I have quite a few healthy draw accessories in the (HZJ)62 and have never had a lack of charging. Are you running a mobile DJ operation or something? :D
haha, ...nope. Just figured if I'm gonna replace the alt I might as well weigh the options. I certainly wouldn't feel bad about installing a stock FZ alt.

Top Bottom