Cause Dan Said I didn't do anything (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been doing a few things over the past few weeks, here are some pics. had to air down big time to take it out of the shop. cranked up the fuel by a few turns now and the thing actually hauls now. welded up mounts for snorkle, and trimmed up the fenders a bit more.
P5011469.jpg
P5011470.jpg
P5011471.jpg

More trimming and started on the bumper build up.
P5011472.jpg
P5011473.jpg
P5081474.jpg

More bumper work, almost done, sits a little crooked because the tree hit tweeked the drivers side of the frame, and now it looks obvious with this new bumber. I tried taking a sledge hammer to it and will see how it sits now, but if still not close to level, I will try tweeking the holes to get it a little straiter.
P5081475.jpg
P5081477.jpg
P5081479.jpg

your frame is full of mud

You've been busy. Kinda starting to get an aussie look with that bumper.
Getting it ready for may Long?

Yeah I am not super happy with how it turned out, I think I should have done some more measureing before jumping in to weld and cut metal, but I think it would have looked better if I had it a bit lower (tubing not bumper) and would give it a more frowning look and would look more bad ass. But it definatly will work for bush wacking. And yes getting ready for some serious may long bushwacking ;) Still need snorkle for the deep river crossings and will try to get sliders and rear quarter protection as well and should be good for the summer.

Cheers,

Nice, wonder how much snow you guys will have to deal with at Tumbler? Just you and Adam?
Haven't decided what I'm doing for May Long but hoping I get the truck ready this weekend.

Yeah we may run into a bunch of snow, and it could be pretty hairy on the slope next to the revine. Also the water July long was to the top of my 36's, so I think may long it might be to the top of my hood and pretty strong, so we dont really want to drag in anyone into a pretty crazy trail until we know. We are both bringing dual chains and are fine with smashing our trucks in there and leaving them if we have to;) There will probably be a ton of trail clearing to do, so it won't be a fun trip for anyone looking for a relaxing weekend (especially if you have to travel a long way to get there). We should have it all scoped out for July long, August long and September long if you want to come up. I will be hauling my trailer in there those weekends too and a few quadding friends might come along then as well as a few local trucks. Should be a good time.

Haha, yeah I wasn't fishing for an invite ; ) I will see if later in the summer might be do-able though. Jenni's out east doing her masters research this summer so I don't need to convince her a 15+ hour drive each way is reasonable.

the bumper needs a hook/tow point

the bumper needs a hook/tow point

Look closer to the pics and you will see the D-shackle hanging below the bumper. Have one on both sides.

Here are a few pics from this sundays warm up wheeling. Truck flexes as nice as before all the addaleafs, pretty happy. Turbo crawls through the mud and has that extra punch when you need it. Only thing is I have the fuel cranked so high, my temps seem to be getting too high (not so much with the exhaust numbers, but more with the water temps). Thinking I will turn fuel down a bit to see what happens.
P5151496.jpg
P5151495.jpg
P5151498.jpg

Deny, do you have the left side engine mount strapped or chained down, or did I miss that in an earlier post? With the wagons weight, and your wheeling it will rip the mount apart if nto done.

Look'n good.

gb

Deny, do you have the left side engine mount strapped or chained down, or did I miss that in an earlier post? With the wagons weight, and your wheeling it will rip the mount apart if nto done.

Look'n good.

gb

No not yet, actually I found that the bolt on the pass side mount was missing, just replaced it, will get on that. Thanks Greg (I remember you talking about something like that at Quesnel Canyon that one year, but sort of just somewhat forgot about it)
CHeers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom