Cause Dan Said I didn't do anything (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't think Amanda is coming, but we will be taking pictures on the deep river crossings and on the part of the trail we haven't been on yet.:hillbilly:

Adam's bronco isn't really set up for deep water is it? Other than being tall wide and heavy.

10-4. I think once I get snorkle I will be going through first to test it out.:hillbilly: Adams not scared though.

No not yet, actually I found that the bolt on the pass side mount was missing, just replaced it, will get on that. Thanks Greg (I remember you talking about something like that at Quesnel Canyon that one year, but sort of just somewhat forgot about it)
CHeers,
Deny

Strange you mention that. My left side nut was missing as well. I was introduced to that fact after Walker Valley by noticing the engine mount up and on the isolator stud. The transmission mount looks like it got ripped as well, on the left side. Took a bit of work to sort it all out when I got back into BC. With the nut on there you'll be fine. Just make sure you have one of those cheap 1" ratchet straps around, and if it does separate the rubber block you can strap in back in place for the rest of the trip. Worked for me...and iirc for a few months after that Quesnel Canyon trip.

Ya'll have fun now, ya hear.

gb

Last edited:
Here is how you build snorkle.

Step one - cut hole in body
2 - line things up to weld mount on air cleaner and block off old intake. get hose for clamping snorkle to mount
3 - start cutting and welding 3 inch exhuast pipe into shape. weld 3 inch clamp to inner fender to clamt snorkle to. Also have mounts on windshield piller done so you can easily get things done.
P5171502.jpg
P5171503.jpg
P5171501.jpg

step 4 - keep welding then once done, put bolts to windsheild mounts and tack in place
5 - since snorkle is now stuck and cant get off, cut off bolts on snorkle mounts.
6 - redo snorkle mounts with nuts so that damn thing can come off. Keep curssing throughout.

Still to do:

clean up welds and paint!

Done! enjoy beer and deep river crossings!:hillbilly:
P5171504.jpg

Cool. You put that together quickly. Taking time off work to get ready? Where'd you get the snorkle head/plastic end thingy?

Cool. You put that together quickly. Taking time off work to get ready? Where'd you get the snorkle head/plastic end thingy?

I suspect from old bluebell. ;) Although I do have an extra ARB snorkel top kicking around somewhere...

Yup from blue, but in this case I bought a never used cap from Craig and put that nice one on blue and put the beat to crap one on the wagon. :hillbilly:

No time off work, getting busy, I actually put that together starting after work, working on it till 12 at night, then I got up and worked from 530 to 7 before work!

I love those fab skills you have Deny, a man after my own heart. PVC is for pussies! Go steel or go home
I'm thinking I might have to replicate your snorkel, of course, with a gasser I'm sure something else will die before I ever get deep enough for a snorkel, but damn, it'll look right.

Thanks Phil, Yeah some how having a bunch of beaters to work on builds mad fab skills. :hillbilly: Now melting metal seems so much easier then back when I reconditioned my old datsun pickup and chicken glued some of the peices on there.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that my 2nd welder blew up again, so I had to run over to adams place to borrow his from 930-1200 and then this morning when he had to come and grab it back so he could finish his rear bumper and rear spring (shackle flip) install. Always a rush to get stuff done.

Got some rear sliders done thought I would update.
IMG_0012.jpg

Tired of smashing rear lenses every trip, so build these quick gaurds. Now just have to finish up rock sliders and drivers side long field replacement and truck is done except for maintenence and repairs ;)
IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg

Slick, I like that.

yeah I don't really care about dents, but those sticks scraping past the body, always grabs that lip on my lens and then smash goes the lens. hopefully this will cure it, doesn't look too pretty but blended in a bit by painting it body colour. I think once we have the last 5 km cleared I shouldn't have as many issues with smashing lenses, but any further exploration on other roads could cause more damage, so will see how this work s out.

Got up early this morning to do a bit more on my sliders, just got the gussets to the frame welded up. Also welded the gussests to the gussets so that it will be easier to weld them on my plates I already welded onto my frame. Now just have to grind up paint, then weld up to the frame. Then to finish up the drivers side. Note I bent up the front big tube so I can squeeze my exhuast between body and slider once I get around to building an exhuast system for now I will run short pipe off the turbo until I get a perminent passenger that cares about the racket ;)
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom