Cause Dan Said I didn't do anything (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brand new 36 swampers and black rims! Looks pretty bad ass now. Decided to leave my old swampers and white rims with old blue seeing as only really use him around town:hillbilly:
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

Just for Greg,

Here are a couple pics of me grooving those militarys. Went pretty smooth and turned out pretty good. I only did one, will to the other one and my used swampers next spring. If I remember will take a pic of them finished and cleaned up as it looked a little wierd with fresh rubber in just a few areas that were grooved.
Cheers
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_0115.jpg

Sweet. Just saw this. You gonna sipe as well? Suspect not and these are for the trailer iirc.

Mine are still sitting...waiting. 16x7" wheels?

Now you just have to do the red neck shave to get them worn evenly.

gb

Sweet. Just saw this. You gonna sipe as well? Suspect not and these are for the trailer iirc.

Mine are still sitting...waiting. 16x7" wheels?

Now you just have to do the red neck shave to get them worn evenly.

gb

No siping, they are just spares for the trucks. yes 16 X 7 wheels, just standard 4.25 back space, so I got a pair of 1.5 in spacers for when I have to throw on the spare. Looks a bit better with knobbies on the roof too! :hillbilly:

So I decided to upgrade the Rad on this rig seeing it was over heating all the time. I switched from electric back to mechanical fan a while back, but that didn't do much. I noticed the rad wasn't a 4 core, so I got a spare rad we had laying around at my parents place and had it rebuilt to a 4 core, then it sat in my shop for a year. Also a while back when I blew my altinator in the pine pass I had my PG buddy kim order me a new water pump (cause I overheated and spewed fluid everywhere) but just had it sitting on the shelf a few years becuase it was really just my altinator bearing that was siezed. Then I thought my thermostat was also faulty, so I ordered one a little while ago.

So I decided to change everything this weekend and good thing I did. Rad was just 3 core, so upgrade there, the thermostat was some weird ass thing that didn't resemble the OEM that I replaced it with, the water pump was really hard to turn so I think the bearing was fxxxed. Then as I was scraping the gasket off, noticed some chunks in the block, picked at it with a screw driver and out came three old fins from an old water pump that cratered and they were blocking most of the port into the block. Whoever changed the old water pump didn't look into the block and these fins must have been there a long time, but survived. Took if for a spin and most of the drive the needle didn't move from half way. I pulled one of the longest hills in the area (pulled it hard to see what it would do) and the needle moved to about 3/4 up, but not close to the red warning area where it seemed to sit all the time before this fix up. Will see how this impoves when pulling a trailer and hitting hill after hill on the way to tumbler, but things look promising and I might not have to put on the intercooler I was planing on doing on this temporary rig:hillbilly:

weird problem, did once see a WP that wasn't circulating after its impeller fell apart (on a bmw, not your 3B). Sounds like you're in business for Tumbler though.

Damn strait, gonna go over the fluids today, then we are taking off Friday morning for July long second maintenance run (we did one a few weeks ago hauling rocks with quads trailer and bobcat, near got bobcat stuck in swamp hole ;) ) to get ready for July 20 th trip where we will be pack mules for the girls taking their horses on the trail. Can't wait, will be first wheeling trip of the year and I am itching like five year old with chicken pox! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom