Wheelbase? - 112.2? Why is it the same? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wonder why Toyota decided to stick to the 112.2 inch wheelbase. Did they do an offroad study and figure out this was best wheelbase to have? Every other 4x4 manufacturer just moves the wheelbase like it is no big deal. It is also strange that the G Wagon has the same wheelbase.

If the Landcruiser and G-Wagon are doing it they must definitely know something the others don't (or the others just dont care):D b/c they are the top 2 in my book...

barrypt5

Same for me. I just thought it was a strange coincedence that they both have almost the the same wheelbase and that Yota had a chance to change it in 08 and did not. Also, the 80 is 112.2.

Really, 112.2?? Why not give it another .4 or .8"? That is at the very low end for mid sized utes. They should have gone ahead and streched it to 113- 114" IMO. More than likely leaving it the same has SOMETHING to do with cost savings somehow, unless there is a masterplan to produce a long wheelbase version at some point. Which I doubt since the Sequoia is headded in that size direction apparently.
:cheers:

My guess, is that it is just right, for a vehicle of this size (80/100/200). ;)

They better watch it though. The shortish wheelbase coupled with the bloated proportions it appears to have can combine to give it a stubby, top-heavy look that isn't congruent. Then again, it would help to really see the damn thing before critiquing it too much !! As I am doing !!!! :whoops:

:cheers:

The 200 looked alot better on the speed tv show "test drive", especially when it was dirty.

The wheelbase on the 80, 100, and 200 are perfect for their size and breakover angle in offroad use. Although the 200 is just a tad lower. Longer wheelbase would be like trying to climb a curb with a limo. You get caught up.

The wheelbase on the 80, 100, and 200 are perfect for their size and breakover angle in offroad use. Although the 200 is just a tad lower. Longer wheelbase would be like trying to climb a curb with a limo. You get caught up.

Then you just put the AHC on HI mode and cruise over that curb !
:grinpimp:

Would be nice, but no AHC on 200 series, except the LX570.

112.2 inches is just shy of 285 cm...is this a Japanese or European magic number for registration/tax/licensing purposes I wonder? Never heard of it but seems a coincidence

Just a wild stab in the dark.

The 100 series followed the 80 series wheelbase because the 105's chassis (solid axle front and back) is closely related to the 80 series chassis.
The 200 series may produce a similar live axle version which is still using 80 series architecture.

You're a wackjob. :D

This is GOOD news. Keep AHC on the LX and lower the price on the LC. That's SMART....a POSITIVE....NOT a negative. That's exactly whart they did with the UZJ100. DUHHHHH!

Lower the PRICE ?? Fxxx, they increased the price 12% without AHC !! :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Just a wild stab in the dark.

The 100 series followed the 80 series wheelbase because the 105's chassis (solid axle front and back) is closely related to the 80 series chassis.
The 200 series may produce a similar live axle version which is still using 80 series architecture.

wasn't it the other way?
They made the 100 and then at a later point in time, because of the need of a more robust suspension, added the 100 body w/ modified 80 series chassis to make the 105.

that would be cool if they made a SFA LC again but I think if they did it at all, it would be on the FJC.

I think the WB is determined to be ideal for a wagon for offroading factors... I believe that's what the Toyota guy said at the 50th Anniversary.

AHC = worthless
12% is worth the motor upgrade alone to me

So go hang out in the GL350 forum. That's a fine quality vehicle. :rolleyes:

Who said anything about a GL ?? I said G Wagen slapdick !! get your facts straight before spouting off your piehole... ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom