Mystery wiper arm plastic part (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks

My passenger side wiper arm broke and the little plastic part that holds the wiper blade to the wiper arm has cracked.

What is the part number for this thing and where can one find it?

Here is a photo of the broken piece.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3296.JPG

Part of the aftermarket wiper blade it fell off of.

Yeah, that doesn't look OEM to me.

Gotcha, but my wiper arms are just a flat, metal rod. Which wiper blade assemblies do you run?

I see 85220-22450 on toyodiy. Looks like this maybe?

Sorry to sound like a complete idiot. I'm at a loss for what to put on this. I can chase down electrical issues but I can't figure out a wiper? Humor me.

What year and model? Right or left-hand drive?

Driver side, 85220-12500, discontinued.
Passenger side, 85220-YZZ16-TM, still available. This would work on the driver side as well, it's shorter than the original.

Your broken plastic piece is metal on the factory blades.

Go to Rock Auto site and enter the Toyota part number. It will search for aftermarket replacement. I bought half dozen wipers from there thus postponing any changes to or of wiper arms.

The broken plastic piece comes from the aftermarket blade, as already said by cruiserdan.
I have same screwed wiper arm mounts and checked out potential aftermarket replacements for the blades a while ago: I found BOSCH are working.
They come with a set of adapters, whereof one fits.
Not sure right now about the blade length needed, though.
Cheers Ralf

Driver side, 85220-12500, discontinued.
Passenger side, 85220-YZZ16-TM, still available. This would work on the driver side as well, it's shorter than the original.

Your broken plastic piece is metal on the factory blades.

I have done some digging and cross-referencing. An 85212-YZZ09-TM will work on the driver side and be the correct length.

Correct lengths are 400mm passenger and 425mm driver.

I have done some digging and cross-referencing. An 85212-YZZ09-TM will work on the driver side and be the correct length.

Correct lengths are 400mm passenger and 425mm driver.
My parts guy is going to grab me one of these today and we will try it out tomorrow. Of course I'll likely replace the entire arms with the hook style for the future. Those ones that @coldtaco posted look lovely, all fresh and new.

The newer blades function better and you don't have to jack with those tiny phillips screws that always end up in the cowl vent. :doh:

From my own notes:

85212-YZZ03-TM U-Hook 425m
85212-YZZ15-TM U-Hook 400m

Maybe @cruiserdan can check if those are still available and work as well? I wrote this down awhile ago.

From my own notes:

85212-YZZ03-TM U-Hook 425m
85212-YZZ15-TM U-Hook 400m

Maybe @cruiserdan can check if those are still available and work as well? I wrote this down awhile ago.

U-Hook is the new type that does not use the tiny phillips screws. You need the new arms to use those.

U-Hook is the new type that does not use the tiny phillips screws. You need the new arms to use those.
Correct. I was just asking for verification on the lengths and if they can work with our cruisers. I haven't tried them yet.

The lengths are correct. I'm not a big fan of the YZZ blades. They do the job but the inserts are not replaceable like the original part numbers. That being said I'm seeing replacement inserts for the early-style blades being discontinued. We are getting pushed out the door.

It reminds me about the joke told about the 1993 Camry being recalled because people shouldn't be driving a car that old. :doh:

Footnote on length. I'm running a 450mm blade on the driver side of my BJ74 and it works fine.

I am still running Japanese made blades on my cruiser but I don't think I will be able to get them again. Probably should order a few sets now if I can still right now.

I just went through this with mine, replacing the wiper blades and one J-hook arm. I used NWB brand wipers:

Advance Auto Parts has these online, and you can get the j-hook arms from main cruiser sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom