"Fridge" Slide with Tilt to be Used with Large Cooler? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a large cooler that I take with me on camp trips. We don't do the large excursions and may have a long weekend, so a true fridge is really overkill - enter RTIC 65.

1622048194053.png

Of course it is just too long for tilting slides that I've found. I've always wanted a slide since this cooler gets righteously heavy, but now that I've put in a drawer system, I think the slide with tilt is going to be necessary for my lifted 80 series on 315s. What options are out there that fit the dimensions shown? I'm coming up short :rimshot:

Thanks!

What other options may be out here? I've tried reaching out to DFG a couple times but haven't received any response. Once by E-mail and another by phone. Not knocking the guys, I'm sure they're busy, just need more options it looks like.

Anyone have experience with the Alu-Cab options?

well, its about the same size as your 65L.. 31L x 19W x 19H.lol
Mine is a NL Weekender 50. Closer to 27”x13”. But they are all pretty big. I think the cover
gives it a bigger impression of size.

Mine is a NL Weekender 50. Closer to 27”x13”. But they are all pretty big. I think the cover
gives it a bigger impression of size.
I have been using my Yeti 45 for years and now just decided to upgrade to a fridge. it is a bit on the large size, but i wanted a dual zone. The plus side is that no more soggy food or loosing capacity due to ice and water.

12V fridges are so nice to have...

I just installed the Alu-Cab #2 size tilt slide with a National Luna twin 60. The slide rattles like hell. I can hear it over my stereo at max. I added some thicker foam to the back of the frame and that took care of most of the front to back movement. But side to side is the real problem. I’m currently waiting on a return email from Alu-Cab. They said they might have a solution but needed to know the size first.

I also had to put 3/4” wood spacers below mine to get the geometry of the tilt to work for my application. My platform is 13” off the floor of the truck and extends flush to the closed tailgate.

The reason for the split height platform was for my prior fridge set up which was a 45 liter Engle on a standard slide. That worked for many years but now on 4” lift & 37’s I could not longer see in the fridge. Finding stuff by braille sucked.

anyway pictures:

04F2461D-FDEE-4093-A5FF-F22AD8393B02.jpeg

0AC16712-724D-482A-9FE4-A92A7C4C1E8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Update on the rattle, Alu-Cab instructed me to place little plastic nut caps on the ends of the latch pins. That also helped with the front to back movement like the extra foam I installed on the rear of the frame. Side to side movement is slightly reduced. I have not driven the truck yet since this mod but my expectations of reduced noise right now is low. I can still rattle the slide by hand very easily.

Anyone else battle this noise issue?

My only thought currently is to fabricate some sort of spacer between the fridge portion of the slide and the most rearward bearing on the frame. That gap is causing my issues.

Update on the rattle, Alu-Cab instructed me to place little plastic nut caps on the ends of the latch pins. That also helped with the front to back movement like the extra foam I installed on the rear of the frame. Side to side movement is slightly reduced. I have not driven the truck yet since this mod but my expectations of reduced noise right now is low. I can still rattle the slide by hand very easily.

Anyone else battle this noise issue?

My only thought currently is to fabricate some sort of spacer between the fridge portion of the slide and the most rearward bearing on the frame. That gap is causing my issues.
Curious to know if you figured out a solution for this. Currently dealing with the same rattling issues.

Curious to know if you figured out a solution for this. Currently dealing with the same rattling issues.
I’m still turning the volume knob up on the stereo. After installing it on my drawer system it’s a little better sitting flat on the carpet verse the spacers I had to have with my old platform but it still rattles really bad. I guess after 6 months I’ve gotten used to it.

I tried some rubber door wedges at the front of the slide under those little rubber feet. That works for a couple minutes until the work their way out. I’ve done a larger stopper bolt on the side to pinch the slide and lock it in place. That works for a while if you crank it down with a wrench but it puts a lot of force on the slide frame and I’m sure will have negative effects long term.

I’m still brainstorming. What ever solution I come up with needs to be quick and easy to release to deploy the fridge. I don’t want anything clamping it down from the rear that I have to climb up into the truck to access. That would defeat the purpose.

Last edited:
I’m still turning the volume knob up on the stereo. After installing it on my drawer system it’s a little better sitting flat on the carpet verse the spacers I had to have with my old platform but it still rattles really bad. I guess after 6 months I’ve gotten used to it.

I tried some rubber door wedges at the front of the slide under those little rubber feet. That works for a couple minutes until the work their way out. I’ve done a larger stopper bolt on the side to pinch the slide and lock it in place. That works for a while if you crank it down with a wrench but it puts a lot of force on the slide frame and I’m sure will have negative effects long term.

I’m still brainstorming. What ever solution I come up with needs to be quick and easy to release to deploy the fridge. I don’t want anything clamping it down from he fear that I have to climb up into the truck to access. That would defeat the purpose.
I was so frustrated with my tilt fridge slide I removed the tilt and went another direction completely. Man! It was sooo terrible. For reference it was an OVS tilt slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom