Fixing the 73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All I need to do is figure out how to rivet some hub cap clips on these wheels.

20200425_225306.jpg

20200425_225250.jpg

20200425_225345.jpg

20200425_225334.jpg

20200425_225324.jpg

I found a guy that does seats for a really good price. Figured I wouldn't try and tackle that. He is doing both fronts, fixing the springs and padding. And both jump seats. I am having him put snaps on the so I can remove the covers in the back if I need to. Wanted to do the jump seats a little different that stock. Have them match the front

Screenshot_20200426-003644.png

Screenshot_20200426-003630.png

And get my glass in. Anyone have any ideas? I tried the back corner glass for about 30 minutes and gave up. Seems like it is going to be a bitch.
You may want to check this site..

I found a guy that does seats for a really good price. Figured I wouldn't try and tackle that. He is doing both fronts, fixing the springs and padding. And both jump seats. I am having him put snaps on the so I can remove the covers in the back if I need to. Wanted to do the jump seats a little different that stock. Have them match the front

View attachment 2286019

View attachment 2286020

Need to get a couple of trucks done. Would like to see the fit after you install. Pls let me know your upholstery persons contact info. Is that leather?

You may want to check this site..
I know its the original hard top and i took all the glass out and purchased new weather stripping from cruiser corp. The package says OEM Toyota on it and it is the right year. So i may need some special tool.

i knew the brakes needed work. But when i changed my wheels i didnt realize how much. Pricing an overhaul for all way around each drum brake front and rear with new drums was going to cost me about 800.00 so i elected to just upgrade to disc brakes. Its a little more expensive but over time it will be better. Now how much modification has to be done? Is this going to be a pain in the ass? And i know i should of probably done this before hand.

And get my glass in. Anyone have any ideas? I tried the back corner glass for about 30 minutes and gave up. Seems like it is going to be a bitch.
Did you do the "rope trick" to get the glass in? Old school windshields with rubber seals similar to your Land cruiser glass you install the seal on to the window then you wrap a quarter inch rope all the way around the windshield or window inside the seal the rope should be soaked in soapy water first. Where the rope comes together it should cross. One person gets inside the vehicle. Another person holds the rope in the channel where the cross is and presses the window with the rubber seal up against the frame firmly with the rope crossed hanging on the inside. The person on the inside pulls the rope out all the way around the perimeter of the window. as the rope is pulled out it pulls the rubber seal from the outside to the inside of the window frame as it goes working all the way around until you pulled it all the pulled it out around the whole perimeter. It's a neat trick probably a YouTube video on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom