What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This will be my second one. I had one in my 62, then sold it. It was an awesome radiator, and can’t beat the lifetime warranty.
I wish the champion had a grounding system with it. I think that’s my only beef with it. But it’s so inexpensive that I can’t complain too much. And nobody would listen anyway... except maybe you guys? Ha..

Took her to get her smog test done and came out with a passing grade!

BFB4209E-C9EA-4A37-AE1B-2B3A2981D088.jpeg

AB97BC11-2240-4478-AF8E-BE2C0A5BCA3C.jpeg

I wish the champion had a grounding system with it. I think that’s my only beef with it. But it’s so inexpensive that I can’t complain too much. And nobody would listen anyway... except maybe you guys? Ha..
I was thinking about putting a ground wire on one of the shroud bolts. We’ll see how I feel when it actually comes to installing it, haha.

I was thinking about putting a ground wire on one of the shroud bolts. We’ll see how I feel when it actually comes to installing it, haha.
That’s what I did. I think it should be sufficient, but I’m not really sure how to tell other than if the radiator fails in six months...

Replaced my 2 leaking after-market exhaust donuts with new OEM. No comparison in quality and fit. OEM on left.

15708404438954436198527638724873.jpg

Rebuilt FJ62 front axle with Tundra calipers and new heavy OME springs installed today. Rear with 80 series FF axle is done, front is done, now all that's left are a few things to bolt up. Looking forward to being able to actually stop this heavy beast.

IMG_3593.JPG
IMG_3597.JPG
IMG_3598.JPG
IMG_3594.JPG

Got the saginaw conversion in with Georg’s kit. Pump is from 84 volvo and I rebuilt it with new seals. Hindsight should have used a different pulley but made the volvo one work with 1 inch spacers and a slightly longer belt...
40DF86AD-7CC2-4514-A8D2-E569337704CB.jpeg

That’s what I did. I think it should be sufficient, but I’m not really sure how to tell other than if the radiator fails in six months...
Is it beneficial to ground the radiator? This is the first I'm hearing of doing this, but a quick google search mentions electrolysis prevention?

Is that necessary for an 80 axle swap? How much of the other steering components did you swap?

It's not necessary. My steering box has been leaking badly and it's been resealed a couple of times. Instead of trying to track down a leak free 60 box or sending this one off to a shop again I decided to go with an 80 series box. We have a '97 FZJ80 with almost 300k miles on it and that box is still tight, based on that I figured going with an 80 box would be a better bet than another 60 box.

The pitman arm has to be swapped over. The inner fender needs to be slightly notched and I'm going to have to loosen the steering column to slide the steering yoke onto the steering box shaft, then retighten the column.

Getting my interior back together.
Had the door cards redone using left over dnp carpet, reused the og fabric and new vinyl. Seats got a similar treatment with new foam.
Feels so much better.
Also gave the armrests and map holder a spray of Sem Cordova brown.

275AFE74-8ECD-4FA6-AA80-D3C956B522AA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom