What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally had a chance to try out my Overland pros Anza RTT and awning near Haigler Creek, Az this weekend

0621191851.jpg

Ran Rattlesnake Gorge this weekend and got a little trail damage. Besides the obvious I also bent the trans. crossmember and both the rear lower control arms. Luckily I have a friend out here that does some awesome fab work and he will be getting this later this week.

20190623_095807.jpg

20190623_171400.jpg

20190623_171318.jpg

Removed the running boards, big thanks to the forum for the tip on using a 1/4” size ratchet and a universal joint. Some tight areas by the body mounts and rear AC lines.

FB3C85B9-DA68-4DCE-96CA-9277AC323136.jpeg

6C27F1A0-D974-40A6-B711-7C39A202763B.jpeg

Finally got around to installing my Owl Expeditions mudflaps from @Ramathorn15. Fantastic product! Always love doing 1 banana jobs.

But, there are always checks and balances. As soon as I had completed that crazy simple DIY, I noticed the leak on the lower control arm. My steering rack is finally leaking....and very badly at that. I'm going to put some 205 in there, but this doesn't look good pre-HIH9. Guess I have a steering rack replacement in my future.....that's a 1 banana job too, right :) ?

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

Finally got around to installing my Owl Expeditions mudflaps from @Ramathorn15. Fantastic product! Always love doing 1 banana jobs.

But, there are always checks and balances. As soon as I had completed that crazy simple DIY, I noticed the leak on the lower control arm. My steering rack is finally leaking....and very badly at that. I'm going to put some 205 in there, but this doesn't look good pre-HIH9. Guess I have a steering rack replacement in my future.....that's a 1 banana job too, right :) ?

Depends on the size of banana! :rofl:

On a more serious note - I absolutely love your rig and the way it is all set up. Have you written your thoughts about the Costway fridge being run on a single battery set up somewhere?

Thanks! Yes, Monarch Pass is a booger. I was pulling my '93 LC on my car hauler up and over it last year with my 5.7 Tundra. Plenty of power to pull it up but the pucker factor is high heading back down. Geared down, flashers on and pissed only a few people off since it was late in the day. Got down safe though.

My Cruiser is pretty weighted down with armor, bumpers, rack etc and is on stock gearing w/33s. Wolf Creek pass I couldn't keep 2nd gear, ended up summiting in 1st at about 28 mph. That pass, and Monarch Pass give me trouble. Most everything else I'm in 2nd and can hold a solid 40+ mph.

Hope that helps!

That blue strap is my OH CRAP! strap in case all else fails. The bike will still be trashed but at least it won't going flying down the highway into another car. I have another strap that goes straight to the rack itself in case a weld breaks at the hitch.

Humble suggestion from another bike owner, loading the tension around the bike to the rear tie down [blue strap] might actually work against you and cause twisting in the wind. Looks good enough to have the rear tied down on each side evenly.

Loading up the shocks will work well enough to keep it from 'jumping'. Enjoy your trip - beautiful time to ride here between rain storms.

This is the standard issue one (whatever they call it). I found it locally in brand new shape for only $40. I stole it. I actually called Joe Hauler to find out the rating and would you believe Joe himself called me back? I believe this one is rated for 500 lbs. At any rate, my 403-lb Ducati didn't fall off last year pulling it 2000 miles back there. Ha.

Great Idea! Which Joe Hauler model?
I have to plan for 470 lbs.

Ran Rattlesnake Gorge this weekend and got a little trail damage. Besides the obvious I also bent the trans. crossmember and both the rear lower control arms. Luckily I have a friend out here that does some awesome fab work and he will be getting this later this week.

View attachment 2011093

View attachment 2011094

View attachment 2011095
I think you need a new spotter- :frown:

@TRAIL TAILOR sells a cross member & skid combo to replace the factory cross member- might be worth a look; not real expensive and provides skid protection for your next run.

Did they come with new screws? A couple of mine are missing...
No new screws but there are only the two needed for the fronts. Second row doesn't have any screws. My 3rd row window molding were in great shape so I left those alone. I've heard those are a pain to swap out because you need to remove the window to do so.

Busy weekend here. Here is everything we changed out. It's nice having a brother in law who has been a Lexus mechanic for the past 12 years. Said the last belt was changed at 78K miles, currently has 181K on it. Belt showed no signs of cracking and you could still see the Toyota labeling on the belt.

Timing belt
Water pump
Thermostat
Belt tensioner
Fan idler
Cam seals
Crank seal
Heater tees
New coolant

20190622_074729.jpg

20190622_074927.jpg

20190622_075917.jpg

Throwing codes after removal? What did you do to seal the connections after removal?
i replaced it with a new one.. it never threw any codes but it doesnt smell anymore after replacing it

A set of new Coopers and a little wash! Also flushed the trans and coolant, changed rear diff fluid and got it aligned.

Tried to charge the AC but it blew out the back with the loudest whistle shriek I’ve ever heard. Also, I’m missing the steering stat links in the front. And it still smells like mouse pi$$....but I love it! (The LC not the mouse pi$$)

View attachment 2011553

View attachment 2011554
I like those. Too bad it wasnt a profitable product for him to continue making them. Ive wanted a mudflap solution for the back- but the bior bumper kind of gets in the way making the offset too great; not a good fit. I may have to look at a frame mounted kit-

Swapped both doors on the passenger side to less rusty doors from a color matched junkyard car. Lost my keys at the junkyard. Added Gentex homelink mirror with garage door opener. Cleaned up the KISS drawers. Started hacking up a 60% rear seat in hopes of making a 40% rear seat (very spendy to ship one from AU). Washed off the last vestiges of ski season.

I've been trying to find a set of these visors forever. There's a set on eBay but they're asking stupid money for them.

Finally found the translation in Japanese and found a set. Shipped from Japan and oem. Exactly what i wanted.

I ordered a set for my LS430 as they were cheaper to gauge the speed and cost of shipping. Less than a week and it was here!

I got screwed by the seller on the 100 set as he chose to put them in a huge box, which almost doubled the shipping costs. Oh well, still oem, and still cheaper than buying them from eBay US.

The first picture is on my LS, notice how it includes a chrome strip to mimic the factory strip? Says celsior too,a nice jdm touch.

20190624_173221_HDR.jpg

20190624_170904_HDR.jpg

20190624_170952_HDR.jpg

20190624_170726_HDR.jpg

20190624_172820_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom