Maltec Trucks how cool are they? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love it, the graphics on the 200 series are really nice. Curious, the wheels on the cruiser above 16's or 17s? For those wondering, Braid has a a US distribution setup in Michigan right outside of Detroit.

17" and Braid now has a beadlock

Price drop! 100k euro only :) for all your Mall Crawlin needs. ;)

https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inser...ail&utm_medium=directmail&utm_content=desktop

2DC1E64F-9D11-415B-973A-C9E496C36040.png

Last edited:
A couple more questions... 1.) would this conversion work using an LX570 as a base and 2.) any sense of the overall height of the top of the conversion (for parking garages)?

A couple more questions... 1.) would this conversion work using an LX570 as a base and 2.) any sense of the overall height of the top of the conversion (for parking garages)?

Yes all of the Maltec Euro Land Cruisers I have seen except for one 'Russian' model all have AHC. The top of the 200 builds are 85" and can be lowered under 84" via AHC. Not a lot of go anywhere fully self contained expo vehicle can park anywhere a stock Land Cruiser can much less go where it can off road.
The Russian model (post #57) is the lightest weight 200 you can buy. No AHC, sun roof, carpet, NAV, back up cam, heated seats, rear AC, and less.

I think they would sell alot more Gwagens and Landcruisers if they offered the basic versions of those platforms here in the US.

I am going to have to take a trip to AZ so you can tell me all about the trip!

I think they would sell alot more Gwagens and Landcruisers if they offered the basic versions of those platforms here in the US.

I am going to have to take a trip to AZ so you can tell me all about the trip!

A standard more affordable Toyota based model is currently in the Maltec pipeline for the US market and its going to be sweet.

A standard more affordable Toyota based model is currently in the Maltec pipeline for the US market and its going to be sweet.

Taco? Tundra?

You can’t possibly mean a 200!

Cheers

Phil,

The builds seem to have you working and living out of the truck... Meaning everything seems to be inside. All storage, stove, propane, water..

The Alu-Cab Kahya is kind of the opposite in that most everything is accessible from the outside and you sleep on the inside. The awning also gives you the ability to really spend time outside.

Call me a dreamer, but anyway to have some external storage and perhaps access to propane and water from the exterior.. Awnings? I'd love to have a bit of both worlds...

Cheers,

John

Phil,

The builds seem to have you working and living out of the truck... Meaning everything seems to be inside. All storage, stove, propane, water..

The Alu-Cab Kahya is kind of the opposite in that most everything is accessible from the outside and you sleep on the inside. The awning also gives you the ability to really spend time outside.

Call me a dreamer, but anyway to have some external storage and perhaps access to propane and water from the exterior.. Awnings? I'd love to have a bit of both worlds...

Cheers,

John

Some big changes for 2019

Maltec booth was hands down my favorite stop at Expo. I was already into them, but seeing them in person with the level of quality, the details, and the finishes pushed my interest level into a slight obsession level.Talked in depth with the guy at the booth about them too.

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8042.JPG

IMG_8041.JPG

Last edited:
Sadly Maltec's newest "Maximum Cab" vehicle was delayed and missed EXPO but will be at the Northwest Overland Ralley in Washington next month.

My Maltec ride to Expo...drives just like an 80 series but with new car smell and 18mpg

My Maltec ride home...still one of my favorites

Expect some amazing vehicles from Maltec in 2019

Thanks @DPA200 and @LandCruiserPhil

What's up with the 77? Other than the Maltec decal it looks unmodified. Is it on an 80 chassis?

Me want the Troopy.

Is the "Maximum Cab" a dual cab 70 series truck?

Thanks @DPA200 and @LandCruiserPhil

What's up with the 77? Other than the Maltec decal it looks unmodified. Is it on an 80 chassis?

Me want the Troopy.

Is the "Maximum Cab" a dual cab 70 series truck?

Troopy is a 78 series LHD and built on a modified 80 series chassis with 100% brand new drive train all the to the wheel studs.

The Maximum Cab started as a single cab also on a 80 chassis with 100% brand new drive train all the to the wheel studs.

No 77 model all Maltec trucks are LHD never RHD

Maltec 76 pictured below

Oops, I meant what’s the story on the 76?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom