Bowfin Cruisers Roof Rack for the 60 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want one of these, but I have a question....I looks like the clamp overhangs too far for the door to open?

I want one of these, but I have a question....I looks like the clamp overhangs too far for the door to open?

Yes it does and is in the picture. I will be modifying the bracket for the 60 (make it shorter). Those are the standard bracket for the 80 on there to give an idea of how it looks.

Yes it does and is in the picture. I will be modifying the bracket for the 60 (make it shorter). Those are the standard bracket for the 80 on there to give an idea of how it looks.
ok, great. I am waiting for my truck to get back to the shop and have all new chrome to add to my rail. You mentioned that it would not really interfere with that either. Am excited to find a rack that is so easy to put on and remove. Doing a few more mechanical things right now, but a roof rack is high up on my list.

ok, great. I am waiting for my truck to get back to the shop and have all new chrome to add to my rail. You mentioned that it would not really interfere with that either. Am excited to find a rack that is so easy to put on and remove. Doing a few more mechanical things right now, but a roof rack is high up on my list.

The first time I went to remove the rack, the biggest PITA was the latches would flop down and catch on the rail and be a real annoyance. All racks now come with 8 little bungees packed in a bag just for removal/install. You don't NEED them, but it makes the process a dream.
20180122_183408.jpg

Pretty much just to do this so they don't flop down
20180122_195428.jpg

New length cross bars on their way, slightly wider than the 80 bars. Then on to a few changes to the hole layout (for looks, really), modded latches, proper deflector, and it will be getting really close!

if only i could find a roof rack for my 2006 Sequoia....... you know my 60 has a rack, but she has been put away for winter. Winter drive time is in the Sequoia. I put 285 BFG T/A KO2s on her before deer camp. I drove to Iron Mountain and back on Monday in a wicked winter storm and zero issues. Those tires are like velcro.

But a bad ass roof rack from my pal in GR would be something else....... let me know brother!

I love this.

I wish I could incorporate this to my Prinsu rack, which is very similarly designed. but has crappy clamps!

if only i could find a roof rack for my 2006 Sequoia....... you know my 60 has a rack, but she has been put away for winter. Winter drive time is in the Sequoia. I put 285 BFG T/A KO2s on her before deer camp. I drove to Iron Mountain and back on Monday in a wicked winter storm and zero issues. Those tires are like velcro.

But a bad ass roof rack from my pal in GR would be something else....... let me know brother!

Might just have to have a brew in TC and discuss how to make a roof rack work on that Sequoia. On the BFG's, I was kind of a naysayer but went for my first set ever on my 100 series winter ripper (285's also), and I agree they are awesome!

Please let me know when you start taking orders for the Fj60 version. I have a 1988 FJ62

Have you road tested it for wind whistling?

Not the 60 rack yet. My red Cruiser is off the salty roads for the winter. I will run her down the road when the next revision is done (soon) then just wash her up good.

It is very similar to the 80 and 100 rack in how the deflector is designed and they are quiet and I fully expect the same for the 60. But I will make sure.

I am very close to ready with the 60 series roof rack. It will use a shorter version of the 80 series latch but it is still a very stout latch and easy to open/shut. The rack will have 9 cross bars and 1 fairing bar instead of 8 plus 1 (what the 80 rack has) due to the long roof. I was having issues with the fairing bar but have solved that by using a 1x1 bar with aluminum "L" brackets to hold it in place to the side rails and to support the wind deflector better. I took some photos of the next prototype today for some eye candy. Final version should be set next week.

20180216_122220.jpg
20180216_122242.jpg
20180216_122306.jpg

Now that is a proper rack!

I wish my Prinsu rack fit nearly that well.. and that it had a functional wind deflector. or latches that work and fit. (what a sham)

idea on price yet?

Now that is a proper rack!

I wish my Prinsu rack fit nearly that well.. and that it had a functional wind deflector. or latches that work and fit. (what a sham)

idea on price yet?

Not for sure but it will likely be a little more than the 80 rack at $850 because of the extra crossbar and hardware, and a little bigger side rail. It won't be much though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom