What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got a key blank made that I had laying around for years. Then out of $25 in Napa parts, fabricated my eliminator bracket.
One last thing is to weld that 12 mm nut on the top of the bracket.
IMG_6769.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG

Did a little wheelin in the Eastern Sierras north of Bishop, Ca.

club Run 2-18-17 063.jpg

club Run 2-18-17 066.jpg

club Run 2-18-17 072.jpg

club Run 2-18-17 062.jpg

image2.JPG

I put in the Odd Iron Offroad Cargo Light LED, an LED Dome Light, and LED reverse lights in Rosey. I'm looking forward to this evening to see how bright they are. Really a :banana: job except for figuring out why my tailgate has to be slammed super hard to turn the cargo light off. Thanks for doing all the hard work Rob!

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

Did another :banana: job, put in the felt back in under my hood.

Last edited:
@DrivingMissRosey Got links for those? Looks like a pretty neat and clean install.

Finally got around to finishing up the wiring for the butt warmers. Wife likes them the PT Cruiser seats much better than the old stock seats and even said she like them better than the leather ones in our '11 4Runner SR5!

Switch location on the SmittyBilt console
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Busbar location under the glove box. This is a Blue Seas dual busbar and currently have these powered off the glove box light. So they only have power when the lights are on right now. When I fell like pulling the dash apart again (possibly tomorrow) I am going to see if I have the spare "CLOCK" plug that some of the later model cruisers have that was there for the optional Inclinometer and/or Clock display that went in the little cubby under the deck.
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pulled my manifolds. The fun never ends. Someone prior to me went a tad liberal with the red lipstick inside and out of the gasket.

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3686.JPG

Took the afternoon off from a home improvement project. Drove the FJ60 up Phantom Canyon to Victor. Had lunch at the Gold Camp Bakery & Deli (highly recommended). Then took Shelf Road back to Canon City.

Always enjoy that drive......even when 3/4's of the people you meet in the blind curves are knuckleheads driving in the middle.

Started refreshing my front grill today with some Turtle Wax Aluminum polish and some fine steel wool. I figured it couldn't hurt...

Here's a pic "in progress"

IMG_8790.JPG

Here is a "before" close up of the top edge...

IMG_8761.JPG

Here is an "after" shot. I was really surprised to get a mirror like finish on the plastic.

IMG_8785.JPG

It takes a little bit of elbow grease, but I am very happy with the results so far...

Took the afternoon off from a home improvement project. Drove the FJ60 up Phantom Canyon to Victor. Had lunch at the Gold Camp Bakery & Deli (highly recommended). Then took Shelf Road back to Canon City.

Always enjoy that drive......even when 3/4's of the people you meet in the blind curves are knuckleheads driving in the middle.
Is the Shelf Road the old Florence & Cripple Creek narrow gauge roadbed? I've never been north from Canon City, I always hit that part of Colorado through Hartsell on CO 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom