New pig in the pen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive always wanted a 55 so when this came up an hour away I jumped on it. Guys bringing it sat. 79 with factory PS . has the hood off. Plans are a modest resto and a 2.5 lift with 33x12.5 install A/C and let the wife drive it(Ya Right!). couple of pics, will post more when it gets here sat.
1979FJ55 038.jpg
1979FJ55 031.jpg

Looks pretty nice Ron.......how's the interior? We look forward to more pics once you get her home. Super cool to have a pig in the pen huh?

Very nice sow there. I saw you respond the the PO's thread as he was losing interest and wondered if youd pick that one up.

BTW.... you were part of my justification for DDing a lifted 40series w/ a 350 :D
and now im right there with you looking at the autos....great thread.

When I was shopping for my Pig I passed on a 79 with AC and PS. Wanted a pre emmisions rig. Kick myself for that decision to this day. Hear you have a rare Pig there.

Drive train is sound and running so its staying all stock there. No smog laws or inspection here in Ala. so it will be desmogged. What do you mean by bastard tail light? Never owned a pig so im not clear on that one.

The "high rise" hood started in '76 with the 2F engine to clear the air cleaner if I'm not mistaken.

If you redo the interior but the vinyl of the front door inner panels is good let me know. I can deal with broken/warped backer boards but I'm looking for good, no rips or speaker holes vinyl. I may have sources for some parts if you're needing any.

'78 and '79 had long tail lights, earlier models had squarish ones. Not sure if the break was '77 or '78.

as was stated earlier, Congrats.

and yes, '79's are VERY rare in the states. I think less than 800 came in

as was stated earlier, Congrats.

and yes, '79's are VERY rare in the states. I think less than 800 came in
Thanks....So your saying I shouldnt do whats in you sig. and part this 79 out :D ? joking... Here are a couple of the dirty engine he sent me. The best thing is the PS . He also said front and rear heaters worked because he just checked them out. Oh well.... enough fun for now, time to jump in the 40 and head out for work.
1979FJ55 001.jpg
1979FJ55 002.jpg

pig got here about 10. Guy has the tank out but cranked it off boat tank and drove it the back yard. Filthy, but and a few body issues but runs good. Beside the radio the dash is perfect with no cracks. back seat is filthy but not one tear. Has sat under a tree for a year and a half as you can see the moss growing on it.
031.jpg
032.jpg
033.jpg

'79 w/ PS - Even more rare...

"79 was the first (and only, obviously) year factory P/S was available on the pig. Earlier models just needed the block drillied and tapped for the pump bracket.

I think it was standard in the states, but could be wrong

Good looking pig.

looks like it's pretty complete.

my first order of business would be attacking the rust.

btw, that plug in the dash to the left of the window switch is for the ejection seat, NOT the Party Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom