Electric Locker Motor Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this (bottom of list) and I was wondering if it fits both ends of the 80? I'm 95% certain it would work on the front, but I'm not sure on the rear. Can someone confirm whether the 80 has a "high pinion front and Tacoma TRD rear 8" diff"?
:cheers:

On electric locker equipped differentials the external motor can be subjected to damage from from rocks and trail debris. This bolt on protector, prevents damage to the motor. Made from heavy 1/4" plate steel this guard can take a pounding with ease. Fits high pinion front and Tacoma TRD rear 8" differentials. Unpainted finish.

electdiff-guard-225.jpg

The rear is a different animal. I had to buy one for Sarahs truck from Cdan.

It seems that there is no armor for the rear e-locker (the one I was more concerned about of course!). The front is available (although Boston Mangler was having some trouble with the Inchworm guard and his tierod). Thanks for the help

I have seen them before I just cant tell you were they came from? I have an inchworm on the front of my 80. But like others said it hits the tie rod.

Last edited:
There is an OEM Toyota rear locker actuator guard but it's pretty wimpy feeling and looking. It could get rocked pretty easily IMO. I tried to find something tougher a few years ago and came up with nothing.

You'd think with Slee, MAF (4+), Hanna, SROR, IPOR, 4x4labs, and all the others out there these days making sweet stuff for the 80s that there'd be a heavy duty rear locker guard...

I'm also surprised that nothing's ever turned up from down-under...

Ever priced a new (or tried to find a used) actuator? $$$$ :eek: You can mark me down for one if anyone ever brings them to the market.

-Ferg-

There is an OEM Toyota rear locker actuator guard but it's pretty wimpy feeling and looking. It could get rocked pretty easily IMO. I tried to find something tougher a few years ago and came up with nothing.

You'd think with Slee, MAF (4+), Hanna, SROR, IPOR, 4x4labs, and all the others out there these days making sweet stuff for the 80s that there'd be a heavy duty rear locker guard...

I'm also surprised that nothing's ever turned up from down-under...

Ever priced a new (or tried to find a used) actuator? $$$$ :eek: You can mark me down for one if anyone ever brings them to the market.

-Ferg-

i'm checking into it :D

Actually tested the design on the UA and we are going into production. Just waiting for final quotes on the design. Stay tuned.

OK, so I'm dreaming a bit...

How about a package discount for front/rear locker & center diff skid together all painted shortbus yellow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom