I'm an idiot! fusible link help on the go!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm away from my house and its dark. So I got the idea just to double check all the connections again so maybe I'll actually be able to use my headlights. So I found a loose connection on the back of the alternator. I proceeded to tighten it like an idiot forgetting to take of the negative cable from the batt. I fried the fusible link and now I need to know what to do so I can get home.

Thanks

And no, I didnt search, I'm in a rush and dont have time. So no comments about that.:flipoff2:

A recent post suggested that you can remove the fuseable links and connect the plug connected to the battery to other-sex plug on the wiring harness. I don't know if these two connectors actually mate together, but someone suggested they did. Of course, your wiring harness would be at risk if you get a short circuit, etc.

Here's a post with a pic of the fuseable link. It looks like the other ends that connect to it might just connect together.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=2674029&postcount=21

I guess I'll just connect them and hope I dont have a short in the 15min drive, or the 5min drive to school and the 5min drive home. Then I should be able to borrow a car and run to Toyota order the link and go to an auto parts place and get a few fusible wires so at least my temp fix can be safe. Now I'm going to be worried the whole drive home.

Last edited:
Well here goes nothing. Lets hope the cruiser gods are smiling on me! Or else this could be a very bad mistake. I'll report back in 15min if make it home. If its longer then that I'm probably on the side of the road beating my head into the steering wheel while my wiring fries. Either way it could be exciting.:doh:

That part from TOYOTA is RETARDED EXPENSIVE! Like over $100 if I remember right. You can rebuild it yourself with fusible wire from NAPA.

From what I read its closer to $30 but we'll see. I guess that was more of a 25min drive home. I blame it on slow traffic. cruiser headlights are really really bad. I guess I need some fogs.

u can do what i did once i fried my fuseable link by reversing connections. get a soldering iron and resolder a new wire over the burnt one....worked for me! i still :lol:have not bought a new one yet from the stealer...its still working!

Too late. Just got back from the dealer $36 here on Friday. So I just have to hope that I can drive another 20-30min without problems.

youll be fine
or go get the 8 dollar one from napa and use it if your worried then youll have a spare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom