FJ60 Burnt Fusible Link Fuse replacement / Rewire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven’t installed mine yet, but it looks like I might need just a longer charge cable to the alternator for my Ls.

I haven’t installed mine yet, but it looks like I might need just a longer charge cable to the alternator for my Ls.
Ah, LS. I was unaware. Please PM me so I can get photos and more details.

Great write up and like both the DIY, very clear schematics, and cruisertrash set up. I'm not against buying something pre-made it's just I enjoy making my own stuff. Gives me satisfaction and something to do since I'm semi retired. My question, what are the proper size fuses for each leg?

No, this doesn’t fit a 62 application but I’m working on that. The bracket will not fit a 62 because the air cleaner is in the way, and the 62 has 5 fusible links rather than the 3 in the 60. Coming soon, maybe a couple months from now.
Checking on the status of the 62 application, do you have this option available yet?

Checking on the status of the 62 application, do you have this option available yet?
I do not have it yet. Funny enough I was looking at a friend’s 62 last weekend trying to cook up some ideas. A fuse panel will likely have to be on the driver’s (left) side with wiring running across the radiator and back. The 62 has 5 fusible link wires (versus 3 in a 60) so I was just looking at different options for the panel this morning, too - that part alone will cost 3x what the panels for the 60 cost me. That’s with quantity/wholesale pricing. Combine that with lots of extra wiring because the panel has to be placed so far away, plus additional labor making all of it …. I couldn’t get the price to be in the same ballpark as the kit for the 60.

So that all sounds pretty discouraging. But I’m going to keep working on it! Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

Here's what I did. I need to clean it up a little.

fusable link replacement labeled.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom