Rear Sway Bar on a '82 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dynosoar

Slightly Disturbed
SILVER Star
Threads
I purchased a rear sway bar from a FJ62. My Axel has the mounts (its a non-USA cable locker FF), however my frame dosen't seem to have the mounting points for the upper brackets (I checked the old posts no pics availible and frame mounts are late '84 and later). Could someone please post a few picks of the rear sway bar set up so I can get some ideas on fabing my own mounts. Pics for 60's or 62's are welcome I also need to get an idead of how the bar is oriented so I can make some extended links.

Thanks

Dynosoar

Last edited:
I hope these are what you're looking for...The bracket that mounts the link to the frame mounts through two holes in the frame just to the rear of where the frame rail changes from boxed to channel. I got my set up about a year ago, new, from the dealer, so all these parts are still available...I have an OME suspension and have not extended my sway bar links. SOR sells extended links, but it should be easy enough to extend the links, if you have access to a welder.
rear sway bar small.jpg
rear sway bar 03 small.JPG
rear sway bar 02 small.JPG

Thanks for the pics. They really help. If anyone else has pics of the upper mounts and where they go through the frame please post. My early frame dosen't have the holes. Possible even some measurements from a fixed point (rivet).

Thanks

Dynosoar

Measuring from the center of the rivet heads on the body mount bracket just behind the rear wheel well, the center of the sway bar bracket holes are 1 3/8" and 1 7/8" respectively for the upper and lower hole. The bracket seems to be centered vertically on the frame rail, but it is angled such that the bracket is almost perpendicular to the curve of the frame rail at that location...I don't think the exact angle is that important since the sway bar link pivots in the bushing.
rear sway bar 04.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks 2mbb,

That is exactly what I needed. Your pictures are awesome and your photoshop work rules.

Thanks a million

Dynosoar

He said he did not extend them.

"I have an OME suspension and have not extended my sway bar links"

I got my set up about a year ago, new, from the dealer......

What was the cost for a new setup, if you don't mind me asking? I think I've seen a used setup in the $120-ish range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom