show me yer winch bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentlemen,

Just got me a brand new 12000lbs. winch. Stll trying to figure out will it sit on my 40's bumper. I wan't it a bit tuck into the bumper and front grill if possible. So, kindly show me what you guy's fot for your rigs.

TIA.

Cheers!

gado

used the CCOT plate

I used the mounting plate from CCOT. Worked fine but I had to ream the holes out a little so my bolts would work. 8000# Smittybuilt XRC
100_3349.jpg

2" by 4" thick wall tubing with a 1/4"plate. Started with a stock'ish bumper the PO put on. Welded the 2 x 4 across top and bottom and added the steel plate to mount the winch. It's secured to the vehicle with 4 of the bumper bolts (grade 8) and the bolts for the tow hooks.
2006-011125-B 015.jpg
img089.jpg
img075.jpg

inshop-1.jpg

not between the frame rails...but...i dont think your winch is as large as mine :) ...12,500lb pierce

what make is your winch?

attachment.php
Holy S$%^ Johnny why the heck do you need such a huge winch?! Very cool though!!!:cheers:

CCOT plate on CCOT HFS bumper

57294356.png

I'm running the CCOT plate. It is decent but I had to 1, space it up and two, clearance it for my Saginaw conversion.

You can see the hole for my steering box.

The bolts were a little tight but the get in there.

It needs a repaint before Moab.
winchplate.jpg

I was wondering about needing spacers for the CCOT winch plate, your the first person I've seen mention it. Are most people just bolting it right on top of the gussets without spacers? I was looking at the ramsey winch channel and they supplied offset brackets for raising the winch channel a little bit to clear the gusset.

Also, do you have any problems with the cable rubbing your bumper since it's sitting so far back?

I was wondering about needing spacers for the CCOT winch plate, your the first person I've seen mention it. Are most people just bolting it right on top of the gussets without spacers? I was looking at the ramsey winch channel and they supplied offset brackets for raising the winch channel a little bit to clear the gusset.

Also, do you have any problems with the cable rubbing your bumper since it's sitting so far back?

Not at all, I've never had a pull that steep though.

I'm running synthetic cable which needs replacing, but not for that reason.

CCOT winch plate.

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

I don't have one, but the new 4-Plus winch bumper seems to fit nice and tight and looks awesome.

This is from the MAF site:

52100-4008tc02.jpg

jim land: I am totally digging that setup. I've seen the removable mounting brackets that drop into the receivers, but not with the winch tucked behind the bumper like that. Way cool!

x2, sweet set up Jim! Keeping them options open! I may have to look into that myself once I get a winch.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom