My New FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My New FJ40 - WRNGWAY

Wish i would have found this site before i purchased my 1981 FJ40. I think i got a good deal but i would like to get everyone else's opinion. I have about 2 months of waiting for her to make it from New Zealand to Savannah, Ga. below is the sellers description:

1981 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Legendary 4x4, great truck in very good condition. Has been frequently used on the road, very powerful, will go just about anywhere.Three owners from new,and the mileage is 175,000kms original. Comes with removable sunroof, great for camping and as a hunting platform. Hella Spots on the front (550 Comets). Very good sound system, has an aux input which is great for bringing along the ipod.New paint three years ago, new rear springs two years ago and rebuilt alternator one year ago.Front recovery hooks and solid bull bar and tow bar.Mechanically sound, no rust on the body, very clean in and outside.The tires are in very good shape, no marks or tears on the interior.

Here are some pictures.
df56_1.JPG

cd35_1.JPG

ce59_1.JPG

cf8d_1.JPG

d93d_1.JPG

d7fd_1.JPG

d6dd_1.JPG

d233_1.JPG

!BNF(RfQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmYd13BJn2u+Iicg~~_1.JPG

!BNF(TLw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLm(,PeBJn2vKpN!g~~_1.JPG

d08a_1.JPG

da07_1.JPG

d5b7_1.JPG

d4ea_1.JPG

d418_1.JPG

What do you think it would be worth?

I look forward to hearing from everyone.
Thanks

Last edited:
Wow nice rig. looks clean and well taken care of. I think people on this forum can give you an idea on its value, but I think you should add pics of the engine bay. The more info the better. Welcome!

The engine compartment
dc29_1.JPG

Thanks for the tip batcon

Last edited:
Hey Mark, that was my first thought too:) to big and to square. Thanks for stopping by.

x2 on the guard, unless you plan on bumpin' some 'roos off of the roads in Georgia! I'd (we would all) like to know what you paid. And what did it cost to ship it .

[STRIKE]4,500.00 that included shipping to Savannah. Customs broker and port fees will be another 600.00.[/STRIKE]

Here is a breakdown of the price.

FJ40
$2550.00

Shipping
$1950.00

Customs & Broker Fees
$577.97

Last edited:
NIce find...good $...maybe the front bumper its too square ,,but i love the sliders and fender tubes.... nothing wrong with big bumper to push the slow Heeps....:D...

PD I love big bumpers..my taste..:flipoff2:
n641656766_1970597_7948078.jpg

I think that's a pretty good deal if it runs well. THAT you don't know yet. LOL! I bought mine from our Vets wife and never drove it until I picked it up.

Sounds like you got a good deal, it looks like it's in nice shape. Congratulations :cheers:

yea buying without being able to see or hear it, is a bit scary. But to be on the safe side I have a 2F out of a 78 that runs. If the new one does run good when I get it I will be looking to sell the 78 2F with a rolling frame no body.

Thanks Thornton. I owned a 78 FJ40 for 2 years and still have never driven one, but the addiction has already got me. LOL

Looks very nice and its got low mileage too.

It's supposed to be yellow not brown?

I see it failed its last "Warrent of Fitness Check" here in New Zealand in January. But that could well be just due to a minor problem. (The law here says that such a vehicle must undergo a safety check every 6 months to be allowed on our roads.)

For more info, have a squizz here (if you don't already know about this site):

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 1981 (in Yellow) : Plate:*KE9633 | CarJam

You can see that if you pay some money, you can even find out the names of those 3 previous owners and what parts of the country your vehicle has lived in (and more).

:cheers:

Lostmarbles, that is why i wish i would have found this site before buying. Thanks for the info on the site. i bought the full report, there is a lot of good info in there. Everyone here at mud is so nice i bet i could have gotten someone from NZ to do an inspection & test drive for me. Well you live and learn.:bang: Thanks for all the posts

buy a nice Red Line rollcage and call it good!!

I got my arrival documents today. :clap: The ship is in Singapore now. Only nine more stops till she makes it home.

nice find

Crikey,

it has all it's pieces!

Watch out for the deadly cruiser beetles it may import, they eat holes in your wallet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom