My New FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

amaurer thanks, I wouldn't want to p**s anyone off. I'm still pretty new to cruisers. I only found Mud about a month ago so i'm still learning.

I thought it had the full floater by the way it stuck out so far. I just wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks bsmith123. I was :bang: trying to remember the name of the local group.:cheers:

You know I didnt even think about the engine type. Even if you had to replace it I dont think you are behind the power curve considering the rest of the vehicle.

Not sure bout a fire? I suppose it could be but I blew it up and it didnt look like it to me ---maybe sat out a lot or someone cleaned it a few times with something really caustic like oven cleaner cause the metal looks a little rough

Anyway looking forward to seeing what you do with it , swing by with it if you are in the neighborhood:cheers:

Pumpkin Orange?

No Offense just kidding:)
pumpkin orange.jpg

When are you heading to the UK, bsmith?

UK

Prolly never heard of my little village but it is about 40 minutes from Newmarket or and hour from Cambridge in Norfolk County

When NOT Where:lol: Have another :beer::doh:

bsmith123- I'll have my 40 before then so i'll wheel it by sometime before you leave.:cheers:

Update: I'll be mailing all my documents to my customs broker April 20. He will take care of clearing my truck through customs and call me when it is ready to be picked up. I get more and more excited and nervous as the delivery date gets closer. Also the ship is about half way between Singapore and Korea.

It's here

I just received a phone call from my Customs Broker. My FJ40 was discharged from the ship on May 24, It cleared Customs May 26 and cleared USDA May 27. I will be going to pick it up on June 6th. All the waiting is almost over.:clap: I learned a lot about importing an older vehicle. As long as you can trust the seller importing is nothing to be scared about.

Thanks. Yea, xmas is coming early this year. I don't think it will be necessary but i will probably do it anyways. Along with a lot of other tune-up type items to prepare for the first shakedown ride.

good news

thats good news---now I am starting the exporting process to get mine outta here to the Uk.

looking forward to seeing it

I saw a 40 going down 20 yesterday with no doors and a paki or OEM top all rolled up----man I gotta get done and go for a ride!

thats good news---now I am starting the exporting process to get mine outta here to the Uk.

looking forward to seeing it

I saw a 40 going down 20 yesterday with no doors and a paki or OEM top all rolled up----man I gotta get done and go for a ride!

Hopefully everything will go as smooth as it did for me. I was surprised that it cleared Customs as fast as it did.

Yea, I went with a 4x4 club to ride around on Blackwater Forest. And one of the guys that showed up had a Blue 71 FJ40 soft top. I was telling him about the 2 that i own and how i have never been able to drive either one yet. So he let me drive his a little bit out on the trail. He had to drag me out of it kicking and screaming. Soon though i will be driving my own.

I feel your anxiety Mudbug. :D Going to pick up my 81 FJ40 tonight and can't wait to get her home. It's all worth the sweat.

Haha! Your steering wheel is on the wrong side!

I feel your anxiety Mudbug. :D Going to pick up my 81 FJ40 tonight and can't wait to get her home. It's all worth the sweat.
Where did you get yours from?

Haha! Your steering wheel is on the wrong side!

That's why I have started calling it project wrong way.I'll have to learn how to drive all over again. LOL:D

cant wait to see you get the cruiser, i have been eyeing that guy from NZ as well and thinkin about a bj40

It's here

Well I left out friday heading for Savannah, GA to pick up my FJ40. I loaded it on my trailer at 8:40am est. Chrisman61 on ebay (aka - Kos) told a bold face lie in his description of the truck. He stated "no rust on the body". It is covered in rust. Don't get me wrong i knew on a vehicle this old that there would be some rust but this is a more then i was lead to believe. A lot of places he strayed paint over the rust that doesn't even match. I couldn't tell by looking at the pictures. So in my opinion i would highly recommend NOT buying from chrisman61. The good news is it runs very well and i found a few hidden treasures. The original maintenance book and owners manual were still in their protective plastic folder in the glovebox. And the Toyota tool bag with tools is still held in place on the right side rear fender. Also the original jack, handle and lug wrench were on the left side rear fender. I drove it around my neighborhood for about an hour yesterday. It is very strange to drive from the right side but with a little pratice i will soon get the hang of it.

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

More pictures here: Pictures by Wrongway_1981 - Photobucket

Congrats,you have your toy finally..looking at your pictures that's in pretty good shape,i have read ad's selling fj40 when the owner said..no rust and was worth than those pictures that you post here. Not big deal,you have a classic 4x4 and right hand better yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom