4BT powered Proffitt's converted FJ80 in Austin, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My buddy Heath, here in Austin, asked me to post this for him. This is a great rig that was owned and built by a Proffitt's employee for his then pregnant wife.

Specs:
  • 1991 Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser
  • Body has 194k miles
  • Cummins 4BT factory reconditioned engine with intercooler
  • Heavy Duty 700R4 auto tranny tuned for diesel use with manual torque converter lockup
  • FJ60 split t-case (part time 4WD)
  • Slee 4" lift
  • ARB front bull bar
  • Kaymar rear bumper with full size spare on swing out tire carrier
  • 1997 FZJ80 polished aluminum rims
  • LT315/75/R16 Pro Comp AT's tires including spare
  • Safari Snorkel
  • Aisin manual locking hubs
  • SOR Tuff Duck Seat covers
  • JK Customs step sliders

Work needed:
  • AC hooked up but currently not working.
  • Small dent on drivers side rocker panel (see pic below)
  • Minor paint fading on rear hatch

:bounce:Asking price: $16,000. Probably the cheapest way to get a Proffitt's converted 80 with a 4BT. :bounce:

Contact email: heath.williams@gmail.com
DSC_0265.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0272.jpg

Last edited:
Interior pictures:
IMG_0636sm.jpg
IMG_0640sm.jpg
IMG_0645sm.jpg

Engine/Mechanical (more recent pics)
FJ80Mitzi-13.jpg
FJ80Mitzi-14.jpg
FJ80Mitzi-15.jpg

Last edited:
Rocker panel with sliders
roker panel.jpg
DSC_0229.jpg

This is my old rig. I bought it from John at Proffitts and sold it to my buddy Heath. I sold it only for financial reasons.

Heath and I both use(d) b100 biodiesel in this almost all of the time (Austin has very high quality biodiesel DieselGreen Fuels - Community supported, locally produced biodiesel ). In our opinion, it runs better on it than ULSD. If you have any questions on it, feel free to PM me.

EDIT: I added the step sliders. They were custom made by JK Customs. I added them so my wife and little kids could get in/out easier. They work great (cost me just under a grand). This is the one vehicle that my family really liked. It's a family friendly rig.

Last edited:
Monday is bump day.

Bump for a price drop. $18k!!!

what kind of mileage is on the recon and is it getting? also, would you dd it? you run biodiesel in it but itll still run off reg diesel, right?

Last edited:
Is this Cruiser still for sale? Is it locked? Is this Cummins engine in stock form?

Is this Cruiser still for sale? Is it locked? Is this Cummins engine in stock form?
Yes, its for sale. Diff Locks were not optional on FJ80s, so no. Yes the Cummins is stock, it has not been turned up.

Dang, it looks as good as usual. I'm never in the right financial state grab her.

Yes, its for sale. Diff Locks were not optional on FJ80s, so no. Yes the Cummins is stock, it has not been turned up.

Sorry - new to 80s.....so the FZJ's have diff locks (optional) then, correct?

Also, how many miles were on the Cummins when installed in the FJ and then how many miles were put on the Cummins/FJ combo?

Thanks!

Sorry - new to 80s.....so the FZJ's have diff locks (optional) then, correct?

Also, how many miles were on the Cummins when installed in the FJ and then how many miles were put on the Cummins/FJ combo?

Thanks!

Yes, 93-97 have optional lockers.

The engine had 80K miles on the factory rebuild when it was put in. The truck had 175K. Doing the math, now that the truck as 194K miles, the engine has 99K.

Bump.

yes it's for sale still. I talked to Heath yesterday. He's not marketing it much since he's gonna be a dad in 2 weeks and has other priorities.

BUMP.
Heath has dropped the price considerably on this sweet rig.

:bounce:Asking price: $16,000. Probably the cheapest way to get a Proffitt's converted 80 with a 4BT. :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom