Your Speakers & Why You Like Them - Morel's with Pics! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I have an aftermarket HU, new amp and speakers is not complex. Yes I lose the volume knob, however steering wheel controls work.

2 way or 3 way Virtus? My experience is a good 2 way system + Dynamat in the doors is enough in most vehicle environments, however thoughts appreciated.
Once you go with a 3-way Active System you will never go back to a two way passive system.

Active System
Part II

Started looking at 5 channel amps - HA/Hertz/Focal all around the A$1k mark. Then went to the dark side - used JL VX700/5i and Audison AP5.9 Bit amps, for not too much more $$. Noooo!!

However more rabbit holes - the T'eyes CC3 has Optical out, both those DSP Amps have Optical in.

More rabbit hole thinking - some good used or NIB Focals or Morel Virtus out there, and suddenly active is looking like a candidate.

More rabbit hole thinking - go to the wreckers, get a sub box out of an LX470, and get a fabricator (me + MechEng son) to brace it and insert a used JL 8W3...

Why oh @RoughOne did you take me down this path???

Q: Audison v JL Audio. They're both good - would you be happy with either?

Last edited:
Part II

Started looking at 5 channel amps - HA/Hertz/Focal all around the A$1k mark. Then went to the dark side - used JL VX700/5i and Audison AP5.9 Bit amps, for not too much more $$. Noooo!!

However more rabbit holes - the T'eyes CC3 has Optical out, both those DSP Amps have Optical in.

More rabbit hole thinking - some good used or NIB Focals or Morel Virtus out there, and suddenly active is looking like a candidate.

More rabbit hole thinking - go to the wreckers, get a sub box out of an LX470, and get a fabricator (me + MechEng son) to brace it and insert a used JL 8W3...

Why oh @RoughOne did you take me down this path???

Q: Audison v JL Audio. They're both good - would you be happy with either?
DSP with optical in, Android head unit with optical out. You are definitely on the right path.... 👍😁
BTW Speaking of an LX470 Oem sub box. I have one for sale with sub included ready to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom