YETI XL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AutoCraft Aus

Araco Master
Threads
Website
4xoaus.com.au
Had my Yeti XL since late May, and so far I have done afew upgrades to it, to attempt to get a full battery run out of it.

So far I have added a heavy duty rear sway bar. [stop the torque steer]

Upgraded the front coils to 1/5th scale coils.

Moved the front coils to the rear.

Upgraded the rims to stop them cracking.

Upgraded the steering servo, to get faster steering response at speed.

Lower rear control arm brackets to try and stop them snapping.

HD rear driveshaft.

Alloy rear diff housing [axle tubes snapped off]

Traxxis slasher rear steel ended dual rate coil overs. [Axial ones keep snapping the top eyes off]

Have been looking at upgrading the rear chassis section as it has smashed the shock mounts out of the back chassis 3 times so far, snapping where it has holes through it for the connector screws.

Max run time so far is 11 minutes 20 seconds, shortest is 2 minutes and 7 seconds.

Has anyone else been having this much fun with an XL as yet?

f5837dc5-3618-4070-987c-113e4a2b47b0_zpswmxuq0kp.jpg

20150808_171157_zpsnn2xiylm.jpg

I Got yeti XL on the brain these days and have been looking at them again. How is yours holding up? I'm not seeing a huge aftermarket following like some of the other products, wondering if that is due to them not selling like they'd hoped, or very well built from the start.

I got the 1/10 Yeti after hearing all the problems people have had with the XL. I like the little one. No problems so far. I've run three packs through it. I am running 2S packs so that may explain why I am not breaking stuff.

Well I got my XL last week and have run it 3 or 4 times. Bought it 2nd hand and it came with a pair of 3s packs and a hot racing rear seat bar. So far I'm having a blast, but I am going to drop down to 4s as I seem to spend more time on my lid than on my wheels.

0117161636_HDR.jpg

I have a dhawk bellcrank, front upper and steering links, rear lower links and shock caps ordered for it. Looking at upgrading the steering servo and installing a BEC to clean up the steering as well and then just bash it.

I am very impressed with it so far. I have done some end-o cartwheels and bounced it off it's lid several times and so far everything is holding up nicely.

you aren't dropping down if you go from 3s to 4s. That's another cell and more voltage. It will probably smoke your ESC

i can honestly say the yeti xl is one of the most satisfying rc vehicles.this is one of the coolest looking rc on the market and the itegrated body/cage system is a great design with easy access.great truck and very durable one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom