Yet another JUMP SEAT query! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Little help... Could someone post a picture on how the LONG STYLE seats are mounted in a 40? Specifically the bottom mounts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nope. Still don't get it. Someone got a picture of their mounted long style jumps? THANKS!!!!!!

Here you go, see if these help.
Land Cruiser 05 026a.JPG
Land Cruiser 05 027a.JPG

Thanks squinty20!!

Ok... Everybody was probally shaking their heads thinking that I was on crack because it's so simple. But here's my "hole" deal. I have 2 holes for each leg. The jump seat legs fit between each of the two holes which leads me to believe that there was either a bracket that the seats sat on and then bolted to the well OR- there is a different style seat.

jump1.jpg

jump2.jpg

jump3.jpg

FWIW, I purchased two used jumps because while dragging my tub to my new house, the original jumps fell out the back of the tub! So if anybody found some jump seats on I95 around Fayettville, NC...

On another note, for the soft top there are 4 bolts for a factory bow bracket vs. 2 in your picture.

So if someone has a 68 tub (the bastard year) with long seats, let me know how they are installed before I drill some more holes in my tub and call it good.

I had the same two hole thing with mine. the inside hole is the one that was used to offset the width of the role bar

Post a picture of your mounted long style jump seats with the two hole configuration as in my picture and win a prize!

Nevermind! here's a picture of a set for a '69 and you can see that there are 2 mounting points for each leg. Jeeze!~ :D

ea_1_b.JPG

Nevermind! here's a picture of a set for a '69 and you can see that there are 2 mounting points for each leg. Jeeze!~ :D

ea_1_b.JPG

Yes, and the earlier 40s also did use softtop bow brackets with 4 holes instead of two. Kinda hard to come by those tho. ;)

the four holes with bolts in them are for the soft top mounts. mine had a flat peice wiht a hole that held that soft top bar from sliding around

I'm not sure these will help you, and apology for the blurry view, but this is how the long jumpseat and the factory soft top mount in my unrestored '77:

ed: something else: there are a few unused threaded holes along the upper rail (whatever it's called where top meets tub). All I can figure is that they are generic installed to allow each cruiser to be configured in different ways. So I don't worry about 'extra' holes.

Last edited:
THanks all for the pics and information. Seems that '68 and prior (at least in the US) there are diff's in the mounting configuration for seats. I have a set of seats for >'69 to short style seats and although they would easily work and nobody would know the differance - except me!

Quote: trekker "So if someone has a 68 tub (the bastard year) with long seats, let me know how they are installed before I drill some more holes in my tub and call it good."

There are six different types of long jump seats imported in to the US. My FJ25s have four legs with two bolts each leg (tall arm rest on each side). 1961 FJ40 four legs with two bolt holes (short arm rest each side). 1962 FJ40 three legs two bolt holes ( back arm rest only) On my 1968 three legs two bolt holes, plus brackets to bolt to the sides, four bolts each side (not sure when the brackets to the side started but it was after 1963). Mid 1969 has five mounting points but drop to one bolts at each location. In 1972 the bottom of the seat change with a angle cut in the front (for the 1973 bucket seats?). The 77BJ40 non USA still had long jump seats with no roll bar. It would be nice if 68 was the only bastard year (1968 and early 1969 were the same). Back thirty years ago when Toyota still supported the early Land Cruisers you needed to know production date because of so many little changes made during the year.

Quote 65swb45 " Yes, and the earlier 40s also did use softtop bow brackets with 4 holes instead of two. Kinda hard to come by those tho."

Gee Mark I've always found it easier to find the four bolt type :rolleyes:

PS I don't want to sell the jump seats out of my 68 but I might have another set with two bolt holes that I would sell.

John

John, THanks for the information. If you have the seats that fit my 10/68 and want to sell them, pm me.

Hello, I just pickup a 68 40 anyway the jump seats are there & the frame's are in very good shape but need's new covers let me know if you still need them. Thanks

I could use some 2 hole mount rear jumpers.. I don't want to hyjack trekker if he hasn't found a set yet.

Still looking with irons in the fire. One coming from sonoranfun hopefully but will take the first set that comes along.

If I come across another, I'll let you know wesintl and if you could do the same for me that'll be kool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom