Yellow headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My OEM headlights are throwing yellow light. They are original to the vehicle (1988) and I am wondering if replacement with updated halogens will resolve. Checked the voltage at the battery while running and was getting 13.8 volts. At the headlights I am losing about a volt (12.7).

Is this enough juice to run regular halogens (not the silver stars) or do I have an alternator out put issue?

I run Hella H4 convertion lamps with PIAA superwhite bilbs great lights very white it also makes a H4 HID convertion easyer ....thats my nexted step

Search out the relay upgrade. I would do that first before any other headlight mod. It may be enough for you and if it is not then you're going to want it for the H4 upgrade that would come next.

Upgrading the pathetic factory wiring will help more than upgrading the headlights. Do that first, then the headlights. HUGE difference.

Do the wiring upgrade first as said above. The stock wiring runs all current through the switch...Not Good! The relay set-up only uses the switch to provide low amperage power to the relay. Relay allows large wire and provides higher amperage to headlights direct.

Do the relay and H4 Hellas and you will be shocked how good your lights will be...I was!

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom