Year 5 with the 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

perrobravo

SILVER Star
Threads
This month marks another great year with the 100! Here is a quick list of the mods and maintenance stuff as well as 12 pictures from the last 12 months. As noted last year, the frequency and extent of modifications is slowing down, but the trips getting even more enjoyable!

Link to last year's update: Year 4 with the 100

Modifications and fixes this year:

Fabricated new light bar bracket (since removed along with the light bar it supported)
Replaced ripped tire (thanks, sharp rock in the Sierras!)
Changed front brake pads and rotors (thanks, whatever got stuck in there and gouged the rotor)
Installed extended front anti sway bar links
Fixed broken ARB drawer stops (took all of a month to break them)
Built and installed folding tray table at fridge (since removed)
Fixed strap on roof tent cover
Replaced rivets in tent (thanks, washboard trails!)
Replaced awning extension poles (thanks, windy Mexican beach)
Rebuilt rear Icon shocks
Put OEM wheels back on (trying to lighten the truck a bit and the Tundra steelies are HEAVY!)
Replaced LED bar with 9" LED lights
Added rear dust/fog/camp light under rack

Spring in Anza Borrego
anzainspring.jpg

Early summer on the (snow-blocked) way up to Laurel Lakes with @sortmanfdxg
laurel3.jpg

Ripped Cooper
torncooper1.jpg

Messing around coming down from Toro Peak in the Santa Rosa mountains
toroflexing.jpg

A SUPER hot weekend in Anza Borrego, sadly a day late for the promised meteor showers
hotdayinanza.jpg

Extended front anti-sway bar links installed (thanks to @RobRed for idea)
frontlinks3.jpg

In the eastern Sierras with @bushdoctor and @Dan2722
easternsierras.jpg

Ill fated home brewed fold down table (removed it after a couple trips)
foldingtray1.jpg

One of several awesome days in Mexico (picture credit goes to @Dan2722 )
rainbowinmexico.jpg

How my rear Icon shocks looked before rebuilding
iconbeforerebuild.jpg

Cheap 9" LED lights installed...pleasantly surprised how well these work
9inchlights.jpg

Scenic justification for all the costs, the hours wrenching on the truck, the miles...
justification.jpg

Way cool !! Thanks for sharing !

Great info and photos! I'm in San Diego as well.

You're living the dream with your 100- and lucky to have access to all that wide open space near by: Ca Sierras, Baja, AZ.

On your sway link mod: what was your final length? +2", +3"?

Good times Jeff!

Amazing how you never run out of mods and things to do on the truck. Will be 11 years with the 80 in August and I never get bored with finding new things to improve my travel experiences.

You're living the dream with your 100- and lucky to have access to all that wide open space near by: Ca Sierras, Baja, AZ.

On your sway link mod: what was your final length? +2", +3"?

Thanks all. This truck has been a lot of fun for sure. Looking forward to year 6!

I added roughly 2.5" to the sway bar links (details here). The truck is lifted at least that much from stock and actually rides noticeably better off road with these longer links...less jarring when dropping onto either front tire. For such a simple/cheap change, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Thanks all. This truck has been a lot of fun for sure. Looking forward to year 6!

I added roughly 2.5" to the sway bar links (details here). The truck is lifted at least that much from stock and actually rides noticeably better off road with these longer links...less jarring when dropping onto either front tire. For such a simple/cheap change, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Thanks for the link- good info. Actually surprised a vendor hasn't offered these as a solution.

Are you making the trek to Silverton in July?

Can I quote you on this? hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom