YAIT - Yet another idle thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Circling back again, this time for a mea culpa post. I found the massive vacuum leak, and it was indeed self inflicted.

While doing an inspection of the engine both visually and listening through a length of tubing, I found a potential source. There was the edge of a bracket clamped between the upper and lower plenum halves.

IMG_3114.jpeg

I loosened the bolts, removed the bracket, retorqued everything, and it is idling "like a sewing machine" now.

I am embarrassed that I caused this, and that it took me so long to diagnose, but I felt it was important to "fess up".

Thank you to everyone for the patient, friendly, and generous guidance, advice and tips.

Circling back again, this time for a mea culpa post. I found the massive vacuum leak, and it was indeed self inflicted.

While doing an inspection of the engine both visually and listening through a length of tubing, I found a potential source. There was the edge of a bracket clamped between the upper and lower plenum halves.

View attachment 3464015

I loosened the bolts, removed the bracket, retorqued everything, and it is idling "like a sewing machine" now.

I am embarrassed that I caused this, and that it took me so long to diagnose, but I felt it was important to "fess up".

Thank you to everyone for the patient, friendly, and generous guidance, advice and tips.
Great post. Thanks for closing the loop on this. I have done way worse! Happy to know you found the likely culprit.

View attachment 3464015

Good job chasing it down 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom