Yah, I make cheesecake, what of it? (1 Viewer)

Well?

• that looks tasty

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • you're gay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • teach me how

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no really, you're gay

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Matt wants to trade some sausage for your cheesecake

• really, let's go antiquing

• start shipping some out already

• what stinky option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're going to make someone an xlnt wife someday, Doc.

Thanks :flipoff2: I am considering giving gold-digging a try once I'm done my doctorate. :hmm:

What do the roomies think of your pie? :cheers:

Well, when I got home tonight, one of them had bought 2lbs of cream cheese and some strawberries so I could make another. If they buy it, I'll bake it. :apronandmixingbowl:

Strawberry-banana cheesecake should be chilled and ready to test when I get home.

Who bakes a cheesecake?

Remind me when I come down, and I'll learn ya. Then you can be a chainsaw-slingin', crawler-building, cheesecake-baking, beer-swilling super complex dude. If you get good, you could brand them with the Stihl logo in powdered sugar and give them away for promotions. :lol:

Stawberry-banana.
IMG_4616small.jpg

It's Friday night. :cool:
smallIMG_4663.jpg

yo brotha, that ain't apple

:flipoff2:

And he just pulled it out of the fridge.:flipoff2:

On a serious note, would you mind posting the recipe? I'm somewhat handy in the kitchen and I think my wife would love something like this for mother's day. I just used one of those spring loaded pans to make a pear tart (didn't turn out quite how I planned) the other day, so it looks like I have the right equipment. I just need to round up one of those 1960's stoves and I'll be set.

Thanks!

On a serious note, would you mind posting the recipe? I'm somewhat handy in the kitchen and I think my wife would love something like this for mother's day. I just used one of those spring loaded pans to make a pear tart (didn't turn out quite how I planned) the other day, so it looks like I have the right equipment. I just need to round up one of those 1960's stoves and I'll be set.

Thanks!

New York Cheesecake III - All Recipes

Cut the filling ingredients by a fifth (i.e. 4 blocks of cream cheese rather than 5, other ingredients in proportion), be really light on how much cream you add, and leave it in the oven when you turn it off. I found following the recipe as-is will give you a runny cake, even after it's chilled. :cheers:

Last edited:
New York Cheesecake III - All Recipes

Cut the filling ingredients by a fifth (i.e. 4 blocks of cheesecake rather than 5, other ingredients in proportion), be really light on how much cream you add, and leave it in the oven when you turn it off. I found following the recipe as-is will give you a runny cake, even after it's chilled. :cheers:

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a shot come mothers day. :cheers:

Original Recipe Yield 1 - 10 inch springform pan

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
* 1 3/4 cups white sugar
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 5 eggs
* 2 egg yolks
* 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly coat a 10 inch springform pan with spray oil. Note: You could use a 9x13 inch pan instead.
2. To make the crust: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Spread to the edges of the pan. Prick all over with a fork, then bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Allow to cool.
3. Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 5 eggs and the yolks and mix thoroughly. Add cream and mix only enough to blend.
4. Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes at 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Reduce temperature to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue to bake for one hour. Turn oven off, but leave cake in for another hour. Don't worry if it looks a little jiggly in the center.
5. Chill overnight. This is imperative! If desired, top with your favorite fruit or serve plain.

Last edited:
Thanks RockDoc. the Cheesecake was a big hit. I stayed up till 3AM making it because I forgot how long it takes to cook etc. It turned out perfect taste wise, but it had some pretty big cracks on the surface. Doesn that ever happen when you make it?

Better a touch dry than runny (which is the direction my usually go wrong). That's why you top it with some fruit glaze ;).

That's cheating, plus I bet it doesn't taste nearly as good. ;) Besides, by putting the time into it I scored a lot of points with the:princess:, only to lose some points by muttering something about how I it would be nice to move to Colorado instead of CDA, ID when we are done with w/ school.:doh: She'll get over it hopefully.

I'll have to do a fruit topping next time if there is a split. I sliced up some strawberries and splayed them out with one of the more presentable pieces for her.

The :princess: like peanut butter and her mom supposedly has some recipe for reeses p-butter cup filling (I know, what else is there to it besides peanut butter?). She was thinking it might be good with a layer of that on top of the crust on the bottom. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom