Wanted WTB: Best LX450/470 in the $20-$25k range (non-triple locked OK) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
White
Hi All,

Cross-post from the 100-series subforum. As the title implies, I have $20-$25k to spend on an 80-series or 100-series. I'm combing the classifieds daily, but thought it couldn't hurt to post a WTB here. Since "best" means different things to different people, these would be my preferences:
  • Minimal to no rust
  • ~150k miles or less (understand this will be harder for 80-series than 100-series)
  • Close to stock (not looking for something already built)
  • Good cosmetic condition
  • Well documented maintenance history
  • Fewer previous owners the better, a former mall crawler would be ideal
  • Minimal deferred maintenance
  • I'd consider an LC but I've always preferred the way the LX looks
  • Something on east coast would be ideal (I'm in NYC but will travel)
  • Not going to be doing heavy off-roading so non-triple locked is fine
I'm an adult, have cash in hand, will not waste anyone's time. Not in a huge rush, happy to wait for the perfect one to come along. I already have a GX470 which I love, but an LX was always the dream. If you have one or know of one please let me know.

Appreciate the help.

Nate

Thanks that one is right up my alley but about as far from me as you can get in the continental US. I still might text them to get more info though.
Yes, the pro of that could be that there is hopefully no rust/rot being a CA truck.

Yes, the pro of that could be that there is hopefully no rust/rot being a CA truck.

No doubt, I love California trucks but shipping has gotten insane and I just don't have time to do that drive myself. Hoping for something in NC, SC, GA, AL, etc. or a southern car that someone recently brought north.
Heres another one for you..A LOT more miles than youre looking for. But it looks clean and is at the low end of your budget: Log into Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/389018957007596/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

That is a great for sale ad and feels like the kind of person you want to buy from. Thoughts on that price given high miles?

Reactions: 405
Thanks you for the kind words on my now sold LX450. It was the cleanest 80 I have ever owned. She sold for the asking price.
Congrats! It was an amazing example and very well presented...just wish it was closer.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread, had some nice leads but nothing I've pulled the trigger on so far. Would love to pick up something soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom