Wanted WTB - 1st gen 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All. I'm looking for a 1st gen 4unner. I'm located in NC, but wouldn't mind traveling for the right one.

I'm looking for one that...

- Has a manual transmission. I will not even consider an automatic unless it has under 100k and you're selling it for $5k :)

- Is stock or very close to it. Not interested in rock crawlers

- I would highly prefer one with a 22re, although I would consider a V6 if it was nice enough/priced well enough.

- Is CLEAN. If it has been daily driven in the northeast for the last decade, I probably won't be interested. I get that they're 30+ years old, so I don't mind a torn seat, ratty looking shift boots, a dirty carpet, some small imperfections, or faded paint. But if there's rust around the rear wheel wells or the frame looks like the present-day titantic at the bottom of the ocean, then forget it! ...

- ...That being said, I'm also not some collector looking to spend $25k on a museum-quality one :) I want to daily drive it. One that's been used, but very well maintained throughout its life, is probably ideal for what I'm looking to spend. I'd like to keep the cost below $8k, but don't be afraid to post what you've got.

Um...you should PM me.

@Riverrunner can help with shipping logistics.

They’re not making them any more and she’s had some love...

Um...you should PM me.

@Riverrunner can help with shipping logistics.

They’re not making them any more and she’s had some love...

I actually noticed yours before I made this thread. While it looks like an overall solid truck, its had a little more "love" than I would prefer 😄, especially being that its on the other side of the country from me. If it was local, I'd definitely stop by to check it out, but its not in the kind of shape that makes me want to fly across the country and look at it, if that makes sense. I really appreciate the response though.

Cool - good luck with your search!

I recently bought one from Texas. Should be here in NY tomorrow. Impulse buy, no regrets, just may not have the time. Or if my wife decides that I have too many vehicles, I will let you know. Anyway, there are some deals out there, use Autotempest.com or Seartempest.com

3135187A-84A5-413B-BD08-69F815601BB6.jpeg

319FC995-E245-4E97-9C50-7251C1B43967.jpeg

D06CC10B-5C3A-4BE0-9B4C-F99FE9DFA41B.jpeg

5CAE2488-4F69-45A7-852D-272D21EF59FD.jpeg

B89005F3-D223-45D5-BB45-AACE55E82A4B.jpeg

Without any more info, my initial thought is that that looks like the type of 4runner I'm looking for. Hopefully your wife yells at you and you want to sell it 😆😆 I sent you a PM.

Here are a couple videos of motor running, and a walk around. Still thinking about keeping it, but would consider offers. It’s from Texas, I put an AZ plate on to test drive around the block, before I register here in NY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom