Wanted WTB: 1971 FJ40 f exhaust manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, all. Looking for an exhaust manifold to replace my cracked one for a 1971 FJ40. Prefer stock, would consider headers in excellent, non-warped/cracked condition. I've got the 3-speed column shift, stock engine. Located in AZ
Please call/text 928-t hree 69, eight 3 twenty

FWIW, a header is not going to be a drop-in option with three on the tree. There are clearance issues. I run one on my '1969. It wasn't hard to make the mods. I've talked a couple of folks thru it that have purchased a header from me.

Best

Mark A.

This one is from a 72 and there doesn't seem to be any cracks. The flapper thing is rusted shut but most ppl remove this any way. Make offer. intake is included

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mark-a couple of ?s: 1)Will it involve a little "massaging" of the header tube or relocating other things? 2) I've read from some people that headers can overheat/vaporize the gas in the carb or cause other performance issues when it warms up. How likely is that problem to occur?

Nitroid- I worry that with all the "patina" on the header, a crack would be undetectable. Let me check my options and get back with you.

Thanks to both of you.

David

1. The massaging is not to the header, it's to the linkage.
2. Unlike a stock manifold, a header does not attach to the underside of the intake, so overheating is definitely not an issue.
3. The number six exhaust port on the stock manifold shown appears to be rotted away.

Best

Mark A.

Thank you for your order.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom