Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not Wednesday, but I adjusted Gman's Kick Down cable today, and got the -80 shifting like it is supposed to.

So far, wevé replaced the rear brakes, front are on hold until we do the knuckle job. Serviced the tranny - after waiting >1 week for a Trans filter from Hendrick Toyota - and serviced the cooling system.

I have 4 OME shocks on orders, and a steering stabilizer. Should do those next weekend.

We stripped off the PO's stickers, and added mine and Gman's :

View attachment 1313061

I didn't blur the license plate - cause ANYONE can see it while I am driving around....
Shocks and springs? 2.5" mediums?

Where is the LCLC sticker?
I have more if you need one.
Looking good so far.

I still have some of the full width window stickers that @Whiten donated. He'll have to decide if he wants the wide sticker front or rear.

We do need to put his round LCLC sticker on - will do that with him this week.

IMG_4694.JPG

Replaced my valve cover gasket, distributor o ring and a bunch of coolant and vacuum lines.

Found the nipple on my gas valve broken, not sure if it happened while I was working on it or if it's been broken. Got one on order either way.

IMG_4692.JPG

I added some back up/brake/ tail lights to the 100 last week! They are LEDs and replace the reflectors in the bumper. The light output isn't too impressive but a good utilization of the reflector holes.

DSCN2820.JPG

DSCN2847.JPG

I replaced my driver window, but it would not go up more than 1/3. The motor and regulator are new, but there appears to be a pinch point from the accident that is binding. I tried prying with screwdriver and had some limited success, but it may not be enough. I have 4 new window runs, but I'm not installing them until this insurance issue is settled (headache #1:bang:).

All windows work on the '97 I might get, but are slow and binding. I will have to use those window runs here, assuming the used car salesman keeps his word (headache #2:bang:).

Remind me again how fun it is to buy and wrench on LC. Its all good, have my big boy britches on, GSTMR fun just around the corner :grinpimp:.

IMG_1257.JPG

Last edited:
I finally finished the front brake job on the 100. I changed the pads earlier and went back in and added the shim kit and got them done right. I went to inspect the rear brakes because they were still making a scrubbing noise and broke a stud off trying to get the lug nuts off! The guys at the tire shop like to really put them on tight and one was cross threaded. I sure am glad I have roadside assistance because I would never be able to break the lug nuts loose with just my tire tool. It took a breaker bar to get them off. So the rear brakes need replacing too and I could only get two of the lug nuts back on right. The other two went on fine halfway and stopped. I was very careful not to cross thread them, but I couldn't get them back on all the way. It looks like I'm gonna have to take it in to the shop to get a few studs replaced. At least the front brake job went on without a hitch!

I finally finished the front brake job on the 100. I changed the pads earlier and went back in and added the shim kit and got them done right. I went to inspect the rear brakes because they were still making a scrubbing noise and broke a stud off trying to get the lug nuts off! The guys at the tire shop like to really put them on tight and one was cross threaded. I sure am glad I have roadside assistance because I would never be able to break the lug nuts loose with just my tire tool. It took a breaker bar to get them off. So the rear brakes need replacing too and I could only get two of the lug nuts back on right. The other two went on fine halfway and stopped. I was very careful not to cross thread them, but I couldn't get them back on all the way. It looks like I'm gonna have to take it in to the shop to get a few studs replaced. At least the front brake job went on without a hitch!
When I changed out my wheels a while back, I over-torqued one of my hub bolts--snap! IIRC, you have to pull off the axle hub to get to it, and you'll need a breaker bar.

You have to specify correct torque when you get tires changed now more than ever.
They have torque spec extensions, but rarely use them.I would talk to the tire shop, they may accept some responsibility, but not likely.
Tell them that you just want to make them aware of what happened ,not expecting compensation. That usually works better (if the manager is worth a damn )

IMG_4778.JPG

Not a wendsday, but I got my scanguage mounted today. Ignore the filthy interior, need to detail the interior now that hunting season is over.

Started sanding the windshield and dash on the Chick'n. Found some more rust (imagine that)
I was looking through a box of stuff in the back and found the tail gate hinges and the spare tire latch.
More sanding tomorrow.
I also rotated the tires on the 62.
I have a bad tire or wheel that was on the front. We'll see if this changes anything.

I took my donor door to Summerville where Randy and I changed everything out. Everything works, mirror, locks, and most especially, the window! Putting a new window run in makes all of the difference in the world.

He had a great idea to use his shower curtain as a vapor barrier, but Pam may be a little pissed when she takes a shower. It was pretty straight forward, but hanging the door is at least a 2-man job. A big thank you to Randy :cheers:.

If you look close enough, and you have a keen eye, you might see the color match is slightly off.

IMG_1276.JPG

Looks like a perfect match to me.

Looks like a perfect match to me.
Kidding aside, tighten 4 bolts and it fits like it rolled off the factory line. Ask Randy how the 6 adjustment screws on the door of his Jeep cooperated with him. Thats why most of us are "former" Jeep owners.

I took my donor door to Summerville where Randy and I changed everything out. Everything works, mirror, locks, and most especially, the window! Putting a new window run in makes all of the difference in the world.

He had a great idea to use his shower curtain as a vapor barrier, but Pam may be a little pissed when she takes a shower. It was pretty straight forward, but hanging the door is at least a 2-man job. A big thank you to Randy :cheers:.

If you look close enough, and you have a keen eye, you might see the color match is slightly off.

View attachment 1394188

If I turn my phone just enough, j can see the difference.

Tim, when should we tell him it came off of Gmans 80 ??!!!!

Finally have the axle housings back under the 80. Still have a long way to go. I'm going to temp assemble the knuckles and rears to get it rollable so i can get it back outside and up on stands as high as possible to degrease and pressure was the underside and frame rails so i can under coat the body and por-15 the rails. Probably will pull the fuel tank down as well since the bands and shackles are in bad shape. I'll try the blaster but may have to order new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom