Wanted Would you like a FREE pair of FJ62 Replacement Front Door Speaker Grills?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Reposting my wanted ad from earlier in the week with more detail.

I know this whole request sounds a bit weird....I'm just trying to creatively solve a problem.

Here is what I need: A single FJ62 front door speaker grill (either color... and broken tabs are OK) so I can have it put into CAD and then 3D print a replacement set.

-Do you have a cover for sale? Ok... please give me a price.
-Do you have one sitting around that you can send me? That would be great!!! I will have it recreated in CAD, send your original back, AND send you a complimentary pair of the replacement covers in gray (not sure I will be able to do brown). I will pay all shipping.

I'm not doing this to make money, although I wouldn't rule out making these available to the community to recoup the CAD costs and time. The main reason is that I am preparing a beautiful FJ62 for sale. 57k miles, all original paint. It's an amazing truck and I would prefer to remove the aftermarket Sony XPlode speakers in the door for an OEM looking pair....that's the only reason I am attempting this exercise.

Any help is appreciated.

Pics below of the truck and current speakers.

Last edited:
Make money! You need to make it worth your time.
I will send you 1.
PM me your address

Don't worry about the couple$ to ship.

The bad thing is you are going to have holes in the door panels that won't be covered by the factory grills. But you could recreate a factory looking grill in a larger size. There are a lot of people who would want that as many people are in the same exact situation as you are.

The bad thing is you are going to have holes in the door panels that won't be covered by the factory grills. But you could recreate a factory looking grill in a larger size. There are a lot of people who would want that as many people are in the same exact situation as you are.

My main goal with this vehicle is to make a suitable replacement that looks like it could've been OEM. The marks that the aftermarket speaker left are definitely larger than the OEM grill. I plan to make the replacement just large enough to cover that area on the vinyl part but probably stop it from going down into the carpet area (to look similar to OEM) I'm confident that the carpet will spring back and you can't really see the screw holes there anyway.

It'll take some testing but I think I can find a nice solution. I might have the designer put screw holes on this as opposed to printing/using those lock-in tabs.

I hope to receive the part in the coming day or two and knock it out. Keep you all posted on progress.

This is a great idea. The oversized and stock looking grills should be a hit. Seriously, door panels are impossible to find in good shape and tons of people modded them like the ones you have back in the day and now people want to go OEM look. You could make a little niche business as there are a lot of 80 series folks wanting OEM look too. But if you stick with the OEM 80 grills the speaker selection sucks. So an oversized OEM grill would be a hot item.

Interested!!

Here is a picture of the replacement grill. This is the same size as the aftermarket speaker grill it replaces (because of the indentations it made on the door panel) with the 60 series OEM look. This is still a test fit but overall very happy with it. 7.5 hours to print each one!

I also had the complete OEM grill design done and will work on printing a couple pairs of those in the coming weeks once things calm down.

Huge thanks to RustyNailJustin for sending me an OEM version to design from. I will be shipping it back to you this week and then you get the first OEM style pair that I print.

This FJ62 will be on bringatrailer in the coming week or so.

IMG_2545.jpg

Nice! at 7.5 hrs each, that is slower than paint drying :)

They turned out awesome. A casual observer won't even know. I love them.

I want a pair of stock size ones

Saw the truck on BAT, amazing truck and great representation. I poured over every picture and didn't notice these were not stock until I read the comments and went back. Mission accomplished! Very interested in buying a set when you post them. How do did you design them to attach? I'm sure you'll cover this in a for sale thread so I can wait for that.

would you be willing to upload the CAD file? I spent a few hours in blender trying to recreate some this past weekend but couldn't get the hang of the program enough to make holes properly. I have a 3d printer

also interested in some OEM sized ones in grey! I am interested in making some of these out of aluminum in the future but want a solution for now since my 62 had all speakers and grills pulled.

bump... interested in one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom