Work scope / difficulty inquiry: RHD 80 Series chassis to LHD Body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fine folks ..

I've done some digging and can't come up with a good idea of the work involved in getting a RHD 80 Series rolling chassis and slapping a LHD body on it ..

I realize body modifications are quite complex and some say more involved than anticipated .. however what about this .. converting a RHD frame to left hand drive .. motor will be a swap so don't worry about motor mounts, tranny mounts etc. .. the big thing would be steering ..

At the end of the day, is it doable or would I have to buy a whole bunch of LHD parts anyway? worth doing or a major pain? Any insights greatly appreciated.

cheers
Mat

almost forgot: :flipoff2:

The RHD chassis has some significant differences in the front end. The panhard mount and steering box / brace are mirrored from the LHD chassis. The front axle also has the panhard connection on the opposite side as the LHD trucks.

You could probably use a LHD front housing, and hack off the steering brace / panhard mount from a LHD / weld it in. The steering box placement holes already exist on the opposite side.

Best photo I have of my RHD 80 chassis.
1696001278960.png

-Rob

Hey RivMan, thanks for the info .. OSS, I think that's what I needed to hear .. I haven't bought the 80's platform yet .. so might as well hunt for a LHD version to make this happen .. there was just a good RHD available here but as you said, north worth the trouble .. thanks, much appreciated ..

With enough fabrication skills anything is possible, but at some point you have to ask yourself “why exactly?”…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom