Wiring harness issue - identify this wire/connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After having rebuilt the engine on my 1989 FJ62 about two years ago, I needed to fix an exhaust manifold leak and look for the issue that was making it hard to start. When I got down to the wiring harness, I found that the wires to the cold start injector were fried. That was easy enough to fix.

But I also found these broken wires and this unknown connector. The connector was lying on the driver side of the valve cover, right on top of the engine. The broken wires are quite small and are on the underside of the wiring harness. That's all the detail I can think to include.
IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg
IMG_1422.jpg

Oof, that's a tough one. What are the wire sheath colors? Might have to unloom a bit to find unmelted sheath

If you can find clean enough wires to ID the wire colors that would be a good identifier

I have a 1990 62 with a 2 conductor connector right there, and it attaches to nothing. One wire is green, other is brown w/black stripe. Electrical diagram indicates a 2 pin connector there that is used for EGR connection in California rigs only. Indicates green w/yellow stripe and brown w/black stripe wires.
It's possible that I just can't get my wire around far enough to see the yellow stripe.

Oof, that's a tough one. What are the wire sheath colors? Might have to unloom a bit to find unmelted sheath
There is a white with black stripe and a green with yellow stripe. Although the grime and fading make the white/black tricky to be certain.

White/black is ground iirc. Need to check the ewd at the bottom of the fj62 body chassis fsm to find the other wire.

Electric wiring diagram. The wiring schematics for the vehicle wiring harnesses.

Electric wiring diagram. The wiring schematics for the vehicle wiring harnesses.

Here are the only two G-Y wires in the entire diagram that I can find. I believe that based on the location, it must by the EGR sensor, which my vehicle does not have. But I'm not sure how to make sense of the white/black stripe wire. Perhaps it is brown/black stripe. I think Danforth is right. I attached the photos. Let me know what you think and thanks for your input.
IMG_1433.jpg
IMG_1432.jpg

agreed with the others. EGR sensor connector. There is no other connector in that area that you could leave unplugged and not know. Clip the wires back, heat shrink the ends, and wrap into the loom and forget about em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom