Wiring Diagram Sought for In Cab Winch Control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
I have searched quite a bit, but can't seem to find the diagram someone put up here. I have a defrost switch and an antenna up/down switch for in cab winch control of my Super Winch. If you have a diagram handy with the pins for the switches would you please post it or send it to me.
I'm using the defrost switch to arm the winch, and the switches are from a 1996 80 Series.
Thanks!

Thanks, I have that. Someone else here posted a diagram of the two switches I'm using. I'm also not using relays. I'm going from the wires in my solenoid box which connect to the remote straight to my defrost switch, then to the antenna switch.
I have a separate Blue Sea switch under the hood which isolates the winch. I only power the winch when wheeling.
Thanks for any help.

Anyone?

There is many ways to do this, and many ways winches are wired, some like the 8274's have redundant wiring to prevent shorts from continuing to run the winch.

What your probably looking at though is running a power wire from your defrost to the up/down button.

The antenna up/down button is a normally open, momentary contact 3 way switch, if you aren't sure what that is use google.
from this 3 way switch you will bring power in, and 2 powers out (one for winch in, one for winch out).

Go to your winch relay box, check your remote cable, you'll see a power from battery to the remote, and power back from the remote to the relays (in) or (out). You will need to add the wires from the antenna switch to the (in) and (out) terminals.

You may want to add a simple 3 way switch on the winch controller, which interupts power to the remote, so the options are 1. power to the winch cable remote, or 2. power to the dash defrost switch/antenna switch.

This will need one more wire back from the winch remote to the dash, but will protect from energizing opposing relays and creating a short by using two controls at the same time.

Some relays have mechanical protection from this, some don't.

Based on this info if you read it clearly and do your part you should be able to wire any winch with a dash control. Wiring is simple, one wire at a time. If you look at the whole of it at once it can be overwhelming.

:cheers:

Thanks a bunch, guys. That is very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom