Wire routing over the Windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I'm installing a new radio overhead just under the head liner tray and would like to route the power wires thru the windsheild frame. I heard this can be done, but I'm stumped on how to route the wire thru the frame. There's "a few" holes in the side dash area the PO used for this (I think). Anyway, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Cpb3L.jpeg
hole lt side.jpg
fj radio.jpg

Year would help. Power to dome light exited at the top of the windshield on the driver side. Remove the rubber grommet. Attach a wire to the end on the top. Should be a bullet connector to unhook the wire. Most likely will have to fold the windshield down. Pull the wire down and attach new wire and pull dome light wire and new wire up and out. If you have door switches on the a pillar with have two wires there. Second one is a wire that makes to ground thru the A pillar switch.

Year would help. Power to dome light exited at the top of the windshield on the driver side. Remove the rubber grommet. Attach a wire to the end on the top. Should be a bullet connector to unhook the wire. Most likely will have to fold the windshield down. Pull the wire down and attach new wire and pull dome light wire and new wire up and out. If you have door switches on the a pillar with have two wires there. Second one is a wire that makes to ground thru the A pillar switch.
OK, got it, thanks. This is a JAN/1977 FJ. Here's a recent shot after tons of work....
recent fj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom