SOLD Wire cover, ambo door. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If they are dimensionally close Is it possible to modify one ?

16725400581451632403185025798570.jpg

Thanks, Kev @kevos37 . Sure, something could be modified or fabbed, but the cover is not really necessary and only appeared in the '80s on both the 40s and 43s soft tops and a different version for the hardtop ambo doors. They show up on the Colombian 43s so patiently waiting for someone to scrap one of those. I've just felt that the exposed wires should have been covered from the beginning.

Oh, and Happy New Year !

Thanks, Kev @kevos37 . Sure, something could be modified or fabbed, but the cover is not really necessary and only appeared in the '80s on both the 40s and 43s soft tops and a different version for the hardtop ambo doors. They show up on the Colombian 43s so patiently waiting for someone to scrap one of those. I've just felt that the exposed wires should have been covered from the beginning.

Oh, and Happy New Year !
Happy New Year Brother Bear.

For the sake of posterity and anyone in the future looking to see the difference between the late model HARDtop ambo door wire cover and the late model SOFTtop ambo door wire cover: the HARDtop cover in each photo is on top. BTW, the soft top cover is formed to sit on a flat surface, not so the hardtop cover; the mounting holes are very similar but not perfectly exact; the soft top cover is symmetrical, not the hardtop cover; as shown they are the same width and nearly the same length.

And finally, the original photo on the first page of this post shows a soft top cover very similar to the one posted here. I believe the soft top cover posted here is authentic--there could be two versions of this, or the original posting could be a "creation."

thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender-1.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender-2.jpg

@Bear , did you bury the lede?? Did you finally find what you were looking for??? I should go bump my "NOS Troopy Tub wanted" thread! :rofl:

There's one of these on ebay right now for $275.

@tlaporte ,

Yep, found the correct one, only needed one, and search over--several friends alerted me for which I am grateful. I guess it shows persistence eventually pays-off. Good luck on your search !

@Rigger ,

Armen is selling the hardtop ambo door wire cover, not the soft top cover I was looking for--but good eye ! As the photos here show, they are formed differently and are not interchangeable.

@bmoonhajjar ,

I agree--very proud and asking too much. On the surface, we often scratch our heads over sellers with exorbitant prices and their unusual selling mantra, which I cannot justify or choose to defend. But I do think they can serve a purpose: when hunting for that final piece to complete an expensive and lengthy restoration, they may be the only source when you've exhausted all of your leads. Having them as an alternative that you may-- or may not-- choose, at least gives you an option to consider. Unless someone is a millionaire, however, equipping your project with each replated, refurbished, or NOS item they advertise at unbelievable prices, will quickly destroy whatever budget you may have had.

I believe I paid far more for the wire cover here than it's worth, could've hunted longer or just forgotten about it--likely an impulsive purchase. But we all do similar things once in a while, and hopefully keep it to a minimum !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All of you, thanks again for the interest and the leads--most appreciated !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom