SOLD Wire cover, ambo door. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bear

SILVER Star
Threads
Edit: After several years searching, found the cover in question. Thank-you to all who helped and hinted and tagged. Once it's here, I will post a comparison photo of the hard top cover and the soft top cover--side by side--to archive the issue for anyone looking in the future. 1-26-2023.

Looking for the metal cover that fits over the license plate wiring on a soft top ambo door FJ40, FJ43, etc..

Thanks !

fullsizeoutput_a2a.jpeg

Last edited:
Open to trade the hard rear door cover or cash payment. These came on the later ambo "C" doors, including some South American FJ43s.

Anybody have one of these they can part with?

Thanks.

These did show up on the later South American FJ40 and FJ43--Colombia, Venezuela, maybe Costa Rica.

Any leads?

Anybody out there parting-out a South American soft top?

Been asking for a year now. Anybody have one to sell or trade?

Hello Michael

Not sure if you have seen this site in Portugal.

Scroll down the page and you will see the piece you need and there is 2.
1 metal piece that you will have to call the company for price and there is a fiberglass one that is for 80 euros..

If you are able to do a fiberglass piece or a metal piece for less money then i can lent you the cover so you can built one..

Let me know how it works out..

Not surprisingly, good ole Amayama double-checked and said they had it, took my money, said they were contacting their "supplier," and then just blindly refunded back the money after two weeks. After asking, "What gives?" they wrote me an email telling me I should read their manifesto and all the fine-print, that they never really state that they do have an item, only that it's possible they "might" have it. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Great business model there ! Such an utter waste of time !

So...........back to square one: someone out there must be scrapping an old '79 -up soft top with this wire cover on the back door. Buehler?

Thanks for checking.

Still searching for one of these. Likely sources are Colombia, Venezuela, Costa Rica, maybe Brazil, Saudi, Kuwait, UAE. SE Asia. Any place that 8/80 up soft top would have been imported.

Specifically:

Protector, Back Door Harness 67398-90800. 8/80 - 10/85. for TPC (soft top with ambo "C" 1/2 metal 1/2 canvas rear doors)
FJ40, FJ43, FJ45, BJ40, BJ42, BJ45, HJ47.

Thanks for any leads.

Been 1-1/2 years searching. Gotta be a junker somewhere out there with one of these still hangin' on the back door !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom