Wiper Mount

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Yeti, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Yeti

Yeti

Hey guys, I am new to the cruiser world. I just got a 77 FJ40 on Friday. Not in great shape, but perfect for a restore. 75,000 original miles with some small rust. Paid 4k!

Anyway, the driver side wiper motor mount is broke. The wiper arm is held on by a nut right? Well the bolt is broke off. Do I have to access the system with the windshield down? And where can I find another mount?

Also, I am looking for a 2.5" lift kit. I am interested if someone has a slightly used system they are replacing. Or what is a good new kit and what will it run me?

2. kruzrtek

kruzrtek

Hey Yeti, there was a guy on PBB that had some stuff for sale and among the stuff was a 2.5" lift with shocks. I don't know if it sold or not. Might want to check anyway.

As far as the wiper parts, I have a '78 windshield frame from a rollover. Let me know(via email) what you need exaactly and I'll see if I have it.

Rich
    Kruzrtek
    kruzrtk@xmission.com

3. Yeti

Yeti

Kruzrtk, I am looking for the mount that the wiper arm bolts to. Is that a seperate part? Also, I have found a few lifts for sale, but I am not sure what brand to get. Rancho, Skyjacker, Old Man, Safari? There are so many, and I am not looking to do any rock crawling, I just need a new suspension and thought I would make it bigger than stock. Thanks for your help.

4. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

5. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

[quote author=fj40crusher link=board=1;threadid=6526;start=msg53254#msg53254 date=1066748038]
    OME :D
    [/quote]
    If you have money to waste. And believe me you don't.
    SKYJACKER.
    So we don't start this ALL OVER AGAIN, please do a search or just browse back a few pages, there have been some very extensive lift threads. Come back with specific questions and we'll be glad to answer them.

6. tlcgear

tlcgear

[quote author=kruzrtek link=board=1;threadid=6526;start=msg53177#msg53177 date=1066713266]As far as the wiper parts, I have a '78 windshield frame from a rollover. Let me know(via email) what you need exaactly and I'll see if I have it.

Rich
    [/quote]

Do you have the windshield rubber frame? mine teared and I need to replace it.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.