wiper motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I sent the power wire of my new harness up to the wiper motor and attached it to the blue wire coming from the motor. I ran the blue/red wire to ground. I ran the blue/white wire to a standard three position marine toggle switch, the switch has 3 connection posts (batt, circuit 1, circuit 2) i ran the blue/white wire to the batt side of toggle switch and the blue/black wire to the circuit 1 post.

SO: on a 69 stock FJ40 blue wire is batt pos. blue/red to ground. blue/white to batt on toggle. blue/black to circuit 1.

Problem: as soon as the key gets turn and the circuit gets power the wipers start going...only way to turn off is to turn off key. switch does nothing for speed of blades or on/off of wiper. how do I need to wire it so that the toggle works on/off and the two speeds of the wiper motor

Alright, I just figured out my '69. The Blue wire is hot from the ignition straight to the motor. The Blue/White is low speed, Blue/Red is high speed, and Blue/Black is park. The way it works is on low or high the wire Blue/White or Blue/Red is connected to ground. When the switch is put in the off position is connects the Blue/White to the Blue/Black. This continues to power the motor after the switch is turned off until the motor reaches the park position. I haven't had time to detemine if any standard types of switches will work, or if only the original will. I think it is possible to wire a 6 pole the position on/on/on switch.

Thanks that does straighten out alot, could u elaborate on a 6 pole on/on/on switch i don't know what that is. Also is the motor grounded internally. also does the switch have to be grounded or is it internal too (or is that dependent on the switch) Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom