Wiper Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wiper motor is having a half arse attempt at working. If I help it they will go across and back but only under my assistance. I can hear the motor running and have pulled it out and it runs fine. What else can I do or is it buggered?
Thanks

@Gav005 , Mine is very slow in LOW... But seems fine in MED and HIGH speeds. When I first bought it, I thought the motor was going bad, but now it seems it is the nature of the beast. My wiper switch gave up the ghost the second year I had it. I replaced the switch, and things improved, but LOW speed of the wiper motor, just seems to be a dog.

Last edited:
@Gav005 , if it is just doing high speed only, I would suspect it is the switch / stalk arm, not the motor. Easy $76 dollar fix. Oil / Lube up the inter-link mechanism for good measure, but I would bet it is just the switch. Switch Controls the Speeds. HIGH functioning and LOW and MED not, would indicate switch to me.

EDIT: New Motor runs about $250. I swapped out the switch because it only worked in HIGH just like your situation. MED and HIGH move quite well now. LOW, not so much. It just seems slow and tired in LOW, unless it is raining really hard, it seems to drag across the windshield. MED and HIGH swing very strong in both mist and rain. I believe the motor is fine.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I got a new motor and now the blades are on steroids!

Mine were weak and would only work in continuous mode. Intermittent mode would only get them partway across the glass. I pulled the motor/gear assembly off and opened it up. I gave it a good cleaning and some fresh grease and it seems to be working close to normal again.

That's good because while a LHD wiper motor is about $30, a RHD version of the same motor is over $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom