Winter is coming... and my vent switch will not slide over to defrost position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yep, winter is coming and I'm moving to Vermont. Brilliant I know... That said, I need to fix my stuck vent switch... which I've been putting off for a couple years since I was in GA. But now a "real" winter is coming and I'll need defrost!

I've been digging around for any diagrams of how the vent system switches from Floor / Dash / Defrost and can't find any online or in the FSM. Hard to believe I'm the 1st to have a stuck vent switch but I didn't find anything when searching here either. I've read about the risks of disrupting the heater core and I'm hoping I won't have to go that deep.

The switch moves smoothly from floor to dash... but only moves a little bit past that and hits a hard stop. Maybe some debris feel down in there and is jamming the vent?

Any suggestions or tips on this?

Thanks

Ok, I did sort this out. And much to my chagrin, it was my doing :) - I had installed an oil pressure sensor a while back (Vortec Swap) and the copper tubing had found its way into the path or the vent switch mech. So, problem fixed and cost was nada. Just me feelin' a bit silly for over looking it the last 3 times I tried to fix it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom