winsheild washer bottle relocator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
any one have any pics of a braket to relocate the winsheild washer bottle? i am running duel batteries soon but i need to make the braket. i have seen the pics at slee and georges site but i need better ones. also where exactly does it mount? and does it use stock holes?

thanks mike

Agree with Landtank. Just get it from slee. It used to be tough if you had a blower on the 1FZFE, but now even that issue has been addressed.

Where does one find the battery tray from a 90 / 91 if they are not around (like in Canuck land).

I'd like to buy a complete DIY kit with everything I need (wiring, bottle relocator, tray ect....) perhaps I should try Ben and the guys to see if they can help out.

Riley

Maybe if there is enough interest..
[glow=red,2,300]SLEE[/glow]will put a kit together that includes everything?. Personally, i know that the only reason why i havent done this mod is because i dont feel like:
-ordering bracket from slee
-finding a battery tray somewhere
-finding/tracking down wiring?
-finding/tracking down switch
-finding/figuring out what 'other' parts i need.
-trying to figure out exactly how to do it.
-blah..blah..blah..

I am sure the entire kit wouldnt be that expensive (less 2nd battery of course)

just a thought (hint hint SLEE) :D

Later,
Joe

I second that Joe. My wife has been after me to put in a second battery. We go camping and carry pne of those electric coolers. Killed the battery one night ::). Since then see has wonted it for that purpose.

This is one of those things that you need a good indepth knowledge base and I just haven't had the time to work it out. I would love a kit, soup to nuts, just for this purpose.

Rick, i want for the same reason...i killed my battery a few times by just leaving the radio on or doors open while camping.

[glow=red,2,300]Slee..we are building momentum here! [/glow] :D

The simplest dual battery system would be to just wire the two batteries in parallel without any switch seperating the two, essentially doubling CCA's and reserve capacity. You would loose some of the safety features that the solenoid / marine switch setup gives you, but it's simple enough to start off with; you could add the other stuff later.

OK, OK, we will look into this. A dual battery system that does not allow you to run accessories from the 2nd disconnected battery is kinda useless. we have been resisting this since we feel that people should hve a pretty good working knowledge of 12v systems when playing with 2ga wire and heavy current. We are doing a system next week, and we will check if we can put a kit together.

Christo that's the kind of "Can Do" attitude I like :D. My first view of a duel system was on your site. Think it was the blue truck. I started to try to piece one together but just didn't know where to look and was unsure if I would get it right. It's realizing that I'm dealing with a high current 12v system that has backed me off of the project.

Hope you can come up with something.

BTW your headlight kit was outstanding.

Slee count me in as well. It takes a lot of time to track down and locate all the parts required for this modification.

Looking forward to it.

Riley

In the meantime I can supply the RH battery tray parts.

There is a tray, hold-down bar, 2 "J" bolts, 4 nuts and 5 bolts.

The tray will need to be trimmed where it interfaces with the fan shroud.

D-

Any $$ estimate Dan?

for a somewhat smart shopper.....

Riley

I'm also collecting all the parts for a dual battery setup. I already have the George Scolaro's washer bottle relocator kit.

I'm currently using a PriorityStart! http://www.prioritystart.com/index.html to protect the battery from draining down. I'm using a Peltier-type electric cooler and it pulls a 3 amp load on the battery. It is great for keeping the Diet Cokes and baby bottles cool in the summer

John

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=9864;start=msg87698#msg87698 date=1073671755]
OK, OK, we will look into this. ...
[/quote]

Sweet! :beer:

Count me in Slee.

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=9864;start=msg88007#msg88007 date=1073698975]
Dan right there on top of another potential sale :D. I think I'll hold off of the tray order until I see the final product and it's availability.
[/quote]

That sounds like a good choice :cheers:

Mike

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=9864;start=msg87743#msg87743 date=1073676319]

There is a tray, hold-down bar, 2 "J" bolts, 4 nuts and 5 bolts.

[/quote]

Don't forget the two rubber grommets for a complete battery tray setup.

True,

I forgot to mention them :doh: . Not necessary but certainly clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom